D3000 Advice

Murphcobh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
D3000 arriving tomorrow, recommended as a good starter as I'm new to the hobby, any advice from members would be appreciated, I've downloaded the manual from the Nikon site, nearly 200 pages and started at "Turn Camera On !!) :nightmare: Seriously I've owned cameras in the past but not anything like this one, looking forward to your replies.
Sláinte
Murph

Not familiar with the D3000, but am a Nikon shooter. Recommend you start in program mode (P) until you get familiar with the camera. In program mode, the camera makes the decisions on shutter speed and f stop. I'm assuming you have the 18-55mm kit lens. In addition to shutter speed and f stop you'll want to know about ISO, AF (auto focus), and metering modes. Then there a whole host of settings associated with shooting in jpg mode. The user manual will tell you how to change the settings, but to understand what they do, you'll want to read (or watch) some tutorials.

One of the best resources I've found for online tutorials is CambridgeinColour.com Go to tutorials then Concepts and Terminology. BTW, your smartphone camera is a very capable camera and it's usually always in your pocket. So when you see an opportunity, don't hesitate to take the shot with your smartphone.

Not familiar with the D3000, but am a Nikon shooter. Recommend you start in program mode (P) until you get familiar with the camera. In program mode, the camera makes the decisions on shutter speed and f stop. I'm assuming you have the 18-55mm kit lens. In addition to shutter speed and f stop you'll want to know about ISO, AF (auto focus), and metering modes. Then there a whole host of settings associated with shooting in jpg mode. The user manual will tell you how to change the settings, but to understand what they do, you'll want to read (or watch) some tutorials.

One of the best resources I've found for online tutorials is CambridgeinColour.com Go to tutorials then Concepts and Terminology. BTW, your smartphone camera is a very capable camera and it's usually always in your pocket. So when you see an opportunity, don't hesitate to take the shot with your smartphone.
Thanks Strodav , I'll take the advice on board.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back