D5000 Help

ChicagoPete

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I just received a refurbished d5000 today from Adorama to upgrade from a d60. Unfortunately the d60 shoots better than the d5000. I think there must be a problem with the d5000. The screen on playback flickered twice on the d5000 and I have never seen the d60 do that. Plus the d60 is taking better pictures and I'm using the same lens with both cameras on auto. I even set the d5000 settings in manual to match the d60 auto settings and still the d60 came out with better pics. Any help/advice would really be appreciated.Thank you in advance, Pete

Do you have the picture style the same?

I believe so. They are both on auto. The d60 doesn't have picture control. Thanks for asking, I tried changing things around and still came up with the same results. I think I might bring them both to a camera shop and see what a someone with more experience will say about it.

Try posting the pictures. What exactly do you mean better? Sharper, better color, contrast, what exactly?

Thanks for the question. They are sharper. I left my laptop at the office so I can't put upload the pics to show you guys - I'm using my phone, this website has a cool free Ap, which is how I found this forum. I'm planning on taking both cameras to a nearby shop in the morning. I'll let you know if it was user error or manufacturer. I'm hoping its my inexperience bc I don't want to ship it back. Thanks again.

Hi I just received a refurbished d5000 today from Adorama to upgrade from a d60. Unfortunately the d60 shoots better than the d5000. I think there must be a problem with the d5000. The screen on playback flickered twice on the d5000 and I have never seen the d60 do that. Plus the d60 is taking better pictures and I'm using the same lens with both cameras on auto. I even set the d5000 settings in manual to match the d60 auto settings and still the d60 came out with better pics. Any help/advice would really be appreciated.Thank you in advance, Pete
In all honesty, the biggest variable, and most likely cause of the issue, is you. You haven't even had time to do a comprehensive first read of the D5000 user's manual.

The D5000 is 2 generations of Nikon entry-level DSLR cameras removed from the D60.

The camera was broke, next morning the monitor stopped working. Adorama sent me another no questions asked, and they even paid for return shipping. I just opened up the box an hour ago, the camera seems great so far; looking forward to using it tomorrow in the sunlight. Thanks for all your replies.

The camera was broke, next morning the monitor stopped working. Adorama sent me another no questions asked, and they even paid for return shipping. I just opened up the box an hour ago, the camera seems great so far...

Delighted to hear it!

Good to know Adoroma took care of you. I buy a lot of stuff from them.

Thank you - and you know, I'm only an email away if everything doesn't always go according to plan: [email protected]
Happy New Year ♬♫♪

Most reactions

Back