D70 vs. 10D

From what I can tell that problem is blooming. Something present on all CCD's when you shoot into the sun.

westman said:
Well, most of those sites are in korean so I couldn't read most of it. The second one was translated more into english and from what I could tell the they couldn't decided which they liked better. Each camera has it's own problems and they pointed out somethings from the 10D I don't like either. It's really the user's preference as to which one they can live with.

That's the problem with reading all these reviews online and especially ones from unprofessionals. I did it when I was deciding to by my DSLR. People reviewing items on the internet get anally picky about everything on their cameras when in the real world you won't really notice a huge problem.

Some of the problems I've read from many websites are more about whining and being picky than real problems. If you want to know which one to buy then just flip a coin. I choose the D70 because of the lower price and it didn't lose the features I wanted but I would have also been happy with the 10D. Although if you want to make a more informed decision you should really try out the cameras yourself first because personal preferences will let you not care about some problems because the positives will out weigh the negatives.

If you want to get picky I can give you several somethings about the 10D I think are problems but then again you may not think they are problems. That's the reason why I never asked on any forum about which camera is better when I was researching and deciding on which DSLR camera I wanted. Not everyone has the same preferences in a camera as I do. Also unless they own both cameras they aren't the best source to get an informed comparision.

It's nice to get an owner's opinion but you should also be cautious of their opinions. It's best to get reviews and comparisions from professional sites who have evidence and controled testing to back up their claims. Picture evidence is preferred because for example when someone says one camera has more noise how do you know they aren't being super picky. If you are allowed to compare the two pictures yourself then you can decide if it's something you can live with or not.

All I did was read up on professional reviews and see if the cameras had the features and specs I wanted. It also helps to go into a camera shop and test them out to see how they feel and function. There's more involved in buying a camera than reading all the picky complaints on the internet. I did do picture comparisions and was amazed at the quality from "profesional" photographers on both cameras. From "amatuers" the quality varied from good to bad even on the same camera.

I'm happy with my D70 but according to you I shouldn't be...so how is that possible? I really don't think you could go wrong choosing one or the other. Both are great cameras and it's the user's personal preference as to which one they will like better.

i understand what you mean
got a camera you really love to do with that will be happy
i am a photographer so i know do you try to say.
I just want to show some weak point for those camera
doesn't mean i think D70 or 10D is bad
i beleive both are great cameras
just before you buy a camera you have to know all the good points and weak points .It will be help you to chose a best one which is suitable for you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back