D850 leaked press release. Actual event late tomorrow night US.

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Resolution: 45.7 megapixels of effective resolution. 45.4 MP files rich in detail. CMOS backlit sensor in full Nikon FX format and without low-pass optical filter.
Speeds: 7 fps or 9 fps when using the optional MB-D18 multi-power battery pack (with the EN-EL18B battery inserted).
ISO Sensitivity in Light: The powerful Nikon EXPEED 5 image processor delivers outstandingly sharp images in the ISO 64-25.600 range, expandable from 32 to 102.400 ISO (equivalent). The full ISO range is also available for 4K video shooting.
Accuracy: The same phenomenal 153-point Autofocus system of the Nikon D5 top range provides sensitivity up to -4EV at the center point (ISO 100, 20 ° C). Exposure measurement up to -3EV allows precise exposure even under conditions where the only source of light is lunar.
4K video with no clipping factor: Record full-size movies at 4K / UHD at 30p, without clipping factor limitations. Snap for over three hours using the MB-D18 multi-power battery pack.
Accelerated time-lapse movies in 4K directly "on the camera" but not only: in addition, the Nikon D850 uses its 45.7 megapixels to create fast and spectacular 8K post-production movies.
RAW format flexibility: Snaps into 45.4 MP RAW format (large size), 25.6 MP (average size), or 11.4 MP (small size).
In every room: thanks to its rugged body and ready to handle all weather conditions, the Nikon D850 is ready to resume in any kind of extreme environment. The same full-blinking light on the Nikon D5 guarantees ease of use even in the middle of the night.
Quick Store: The two-card slot drive allows you to use a SD UHS-II and an XQD for quick file save.

Read more: Nikon D850 press release leaked | Nikon Rumors

This story says the camera will have in camera motorized focus stacking!!!

Sounds like a perfect camera for focus-stacked, high-speed cat photo sequences shot under moonlight.

Sounds like a perfect camera for focus-stacked, high-speed cat photo sequences shot under moonlight.
D'ya think it would be okay for focus-stacked, high-speed raccoon photo sequences shot under moonlight though???

D'ya think it would be okay for focus-stacked, high-speed raccoon photo sequences shot under moonlight though???

Not sure about raccoons...sounds suspiciously like actual wildlife...cat pics on the other hand--beloved by all those camera geeks!

Gosh - with the accelerated time lapse feature, I can finally make my movie about racing snails!

It looks to me like the D850 is trying to be good at everything, portrait, wildlife/sports, landscape, street photography and even video.
I am intrigued, if the price will indeed be around 3600$ and not more this just might be a HUGE seller, I might even consider getting it.
If it will be in the 4K$ then this just might be too much.
I think with the right reasonable price this just might be gold for Nikon........assuming they will not have any quality control problems.

It looks to me like the D850 is trying to be good at everything, portrait, wildlife/sports, landscape, street photography and even video.
I am intrigued, if the price will indeed be around 3600$ and not more this just might be a HUGE seller, I might even consider getting it.
If it will be in the 4K$ then this just might be too much.
I think with the right reasonable price this just might be gold for Nikon........assuming they will not have any quality control problems.
I'm expecting around the $3,500 range. Somewhere close to that. I will be in line for one.

My guess is that $3,499 is the target for the introduction price, lowering as the camera ages, and as the early adopters have bought and there's a need to sell more and more cameras to those outside the early-adopter/full-bore price crowd's demand level.

Features/specifications look very impressive. After a few months of this new model being on the market, it ought to drive down D800 and D810 used body prices by a fair amount.

My guess is that $3,499 is the target for the introduction price, lowering as the camera ages, and as the early adopters have bought and there's a need to sell more and more cameras to those outside the early-adopter/full-bore price crowd's demand level.

Features/specifications look very impressive. After a few months of this new model being on the market, it ought to drive down D800 and D810 used body prices by a fair amount.
Hopefully the D800 prices don't fall TOO much so I can still get a bit for mine to help pay for the D850 I'm sure to get!

The specs do look great. It really is the D700 replacement so, so many people (myself included) were frustrated about when nikon went the direction of the D800.. TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!

To be fair, this is a rather excellent spec sheet

Newest rumors are saying 3300$ USD, if true I think I will have very hard time convincing myself not to get it LOL

Newest rumors are saying 3300$ USD, if true I think I will have very hard time convincing myself not to get it LOL

I'll have no problem not getting one once the wife sees the price

Amen, Goodguy, Amen! Remember that old prayer "Please, God, don't let my wife sell my camera gear for what she thinks I paid for it!"

Were people expecting this not to just be spec'd like a d5 or d500 in the a D810 body/feature-set?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back