Dark Horse

willg133

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this in forest park in st. louis today...beautiful sky...i did some adjusting to the levels in photoshop and cropped it to a 4x5 ratio but thats it

horse.jpg

thebeginning said:
wonderful! love the use of silhouette in this shot, especially with the nice background.
thanks, i really like silhouettes against blue-with-clouds sky

Good capture!!! He seems to be a head of the impending storm. That is doing pretty good as far as generals go.

Critically; I would try a crop so that the pedestal is not included.

craig said:
Good capture!!! He seems to be a head of the impending storm. That is doing pretty good as far as generals go.

Critically; I would try a crop so that the pedestal is not included.

hm..intersting idea..im worried it will look too cut off..ill try it later and post it up...unless someone wants to do it for me? :p

Now then, I am new here and don't want to put my foot in where not wanted. but my 2 cents :D

I think the statue and and sky are awesome.
The sky is so dramatic n perfect.

now here we go:
1. I know it is meant to be a silhouette, but without going fully black is there anyway of keeping a little more detail from the statue. I am only just suggesting hints of detail just to add some interest to the black. (I fear I am missing the point).

2. I would like to see the statue slightly more to the left so that he has ridden into the shot rather than just about to ride out.

I think that the base is important to show it as a statue, unless of course you are trying to make it look like a horse and rider.

Good subject and great sky, please take my comments as a new guy here and tell me if you disagree etc (I am sure you will :D )

JasonUK said:
I would like to see the statue slightly more to the left so that he has ridden into the shot rather than just about to ride out.

That's the only thing I would change. Nice shot.

willg133 said:
Took this in forest park in st. louis today...beautiful sky...i did some adjusting to the levels in photoshop and cropped it to a 4x5 ratio but thats it

horse.jpg

cropped..let me know

horse2.jpg

JasonUK said:
2. I would like to see the statue slightly more to the left so that he has ridden into the shot rather than just about to ride out.

very interesting.....i never thought about that, but it seems like a good idea...ill have to try it....thanks for the comments

Most reactions

Back