Death at the Airfield

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by eravedesigns, Jul 29, 2007.

1. eravedesigns

eravedesigns TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was at the EAA air show in Oshkosh when during one of the first flights of the show that involved a race between old war planes a collision occured. It a pretty bad collision that happened while two planes were landing and this is what I got. The plane on its nose is a P51 mustang and I cant identify the other one that flipped over.

The green plane landed on top of the P51 on landing and you can see that the prop cut up the P51 causing it to grip and flip over. When it flipped over some flames burst out but it was quickly put out from a speedy fire crew

here is a link to an article on it http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WI_EAA_CRASH_WIOL-?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

May he rest in peace.

(edit* some people interviewed think he pulled up after hitting the P51 causing him to stall and then flip over)

[​IMG]
    Plane that flipped over after landing on the P51 (Pilot Gerald S. Beck, of Wahpeton was killed)

[​IMG]
    P51 (Pilot had minor injury)

[​IMG]
    Another

[​IMG]
    This is the plane that Gerald S. Beck, of Wahpeton was flying before the crash.

2. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    is that last one the guy who died?

3. eravedesigns

eravedesigns TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yes thats a picture of him taking off for the race.

4. Andraste

Andraste TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh, if only you could tell him to come back and land that plane right away lol.

That's a real shame. My sympathies are with him and his family. RIP