1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Deep in the woods

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Hurme, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Hurme

Hurme TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If one is allowed to say so, I love how this photo came out. The thicket of branches and tree trunks makes it somehow feel real. It's lighted with one softbox, but the sunset on the background makes the lighting look natural than it otherwise would have.

[​IMG]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Interesting; I think I would have preferred just a little more light on him. Not a lot, but just enough so that he wasn't quite so camoflauged.

3. Photographiend

Photographiend No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Too bad I can't view this a little larger to see more of the details. Hard to tell at present if you nailed the focus it looks like it may actually be on the fallen tree trunk.

Also, as tirediron pointed out, he does seem a little lost in the shot. More light might help but also a different crop.

• Like Like x 1
  4. squirrels

squirrels No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I like this! I'm finding that window of light in the right corner a little distracting.
    :thumbup:

5. otherprof

otherprof No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like this one.For me, the lighting is perfect. The person is part of the image, but this is not a photo of a person - not a portrait or environmental portrait, etc. And the image is interesting and worth viewing aesthetically.

6. Hurme

Hurme TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments. Aperture was 1.4 but the focus is spot on. The one thing I would change myself is that one thin branch that goes in front of his face.

7. amolitor

amolitor TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very nice. The light's great.

The various shapes in the background are generally distracting, but I can't say as how that's a bad thing. It's supposed to be a little hard to read.

8. Hurme

Hurme TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Usually I don't do editing on my photos, but perhaps this warrants some fine tuning to add a touch of light on the person in the picture.