Didn't know where

I know you're not a digital fan, but is this a digutal shot? or did you scan it into the computer?

All the negs are scanned then handled just as though they were digital. Composed in a photo editor and then saved as a jpeg file.

I'm not a fan of digital cameras per say, but I love digital darkroom. I don't have photoshop cause I only do the things I understand from my darkroom days.

The prolab did the color adjusting I do now, but they would do it if I paid them to.

Like most of you guys, I enjoy some of the control features but I miss the ease of how it used to be. Shoot the wedding on Saturday, drop off the film on Monday, pick up the proofs on Thursday, and then take orders and do it again. No spending hours on the computer back then,

Ah those really might have been the good old days. One thing I am trying to change is to break myself from the 8x10 crop mask in my head. Im also giving serious thought to getting a new high resolution scanner for film. At least for the 35mm film. They are just so slow though. most of the high res I have seen only do one frame at a time. That just sucks eggs. There still might be a way to do what I want with less hassle than that.

I'm thinking drugstore scans for all but the 8x10 and larger images. All the proofs from them, then scan just the images the bride really wants in 8x10 and those that need to be like portraits.

Well that is if any of these jobs I am getting called for pan out. I really can't see sitting at a scanner for hours.

Last year I came back with many rolls of 35mm, had them developed and put on disks at Sam's....no prints. $2.49 each disk. True they were .jpg's and enlarging left something to be desired, but at least I didn't have to spend time scanning and I could manipulate them in the computer with ease.

Now it's all digital for me....I hung up the F3and F5 and stroke them every so often out of respect.:hail:

Im giving up on my large formats and mediums that I made. Im going to loading cassettes in small rolls. I don't go anywhere to shoot a whole roll of film. Of course color is no cheaper so I might as well shoot a whole roll of that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back