Difference in Saving

danosaur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am having an issue what seems to be saturation in Photoshop. When I save an image or sometimes move in image to another document, in Photoshop, what appears to be saturation drops.

The image just looks flat, lack of contrast too maybe. Does anyone have any ideas?

You mean when you move an image to the working space in photoshop?

Sounds like you have photoshop set to use sRGB. With it's limited color space, sRGB could make an otherwise good image appear flat and lifeless. Especially if the image relies on high contrast levels or subtle differences in color.
Try ProPhotoRGB or AdobeRGB(1998).

If that's not the case, you'll have to provide more details or a screenshot or something.

I think I know what you are saying. I will edit a photo to look good in photoshop, but if I view it anywhere else, a different program, on the web, or even when I get the prints back, they are a lot less saturated, and dull looking. The last batch of pictures I edited for prints, I over saturated. I will see if they look "normal" when I get the prints back.

Doug

I figured it out..

View>proof setup> [it was on working CMYK] I changed it to Windows RGB and now its fine

Most reactions

New Topics

Back