Different faces of the same small lake in Lapland

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since I camped several nights at this small lake, I had the chance of taking quite different images, not all of them are really good.

But I thought it might be interesting how the appearance of a place can change with light, weather, perspective and lens.

1: Some snow.
4672.jpg

2: My tent the next morning after most of the snow is gone again.
4697.jpg

3: Calm water and wide angle the same morning.
4702.jpg

4: A close up of the scene above.
4703.jpg

5: Morning sun on another day.
4902.jpg

6: Ripples and mountains.
5045.jpg

7: Wide again in the evening.
5049.jpg

8: Evening and calm water.
5173.jpg

9: Close up of the scene above.
5172.jpg

10: Just a dark evening.
5180.jpg

Such a beautiful spot! I don't think I can even narrow it down to a few faves.

Well, this was my hotel for 3 nights ;) Quite pleasant.

quite stunning series.....beautiful...keep up the good work...cant wait to see more of ur work.

Thanks, well, this work was all done in recent weeks, ... right now I do not take any pictures but prepare for a new job ;)

nice pictures and nice place

I love the reflection shots especially number 4. Great work Alex.

My favourite is 6, "Ripples and mountains", with ripples on the surface of the lake, and a repetition of the pattern in the clouds. What a wonderful coincidence. And inbetween all these light blues, there is the STRAIGHT line of the far bank with its yellow grass, followed by wonderfully diagonal lines and soft curves of the mountains behind,the brown colour of the ground interspersed with the ragged shapes of the grey rocks, all of that extended by the stretch of sheer rock and then the snow dusted higher mountain. All in all, to me that photo ROCKS the most! :D

Though all of them are such pretty sights!

Of course I love your pictures but I have to ask... your tent... doesn't it have a bottom sheet to it? It looks like it is open to the bare ground??

... your tent... It looks like it is open to the bare ground??

Are you sure? The triangular storage part (the "porch" as it were) may not have a bottom sheet, but the part where there is the red sleeping bag sure looks like it is NOT open to the ground. And I am SURE it is not.

Of course I love your pictures but I have to ask... your tent... doesn't it have a bottom sheet to it? It looks like it is open to the bare ground??

LaFoto is right. It is the part where you store your backpack and do the cooking and all. This is all done outside the inner tent.

The tent is a Hilleberg Akto:
http://estore.websitepros.com/1764795/-strse-64/Akto/Detail.bok

I also use a Nallo if I need more space.

Hilleberg makes some of the finest tents for 4 seasons, bad weather, heavy heavy storm, hail, sleet, snow and all that, ... and all this at unbeatable low weight. I am shocked to see how cheap they are in the US compared to their original European market.

I have to add, my Hilleberg Nallo is over 15 years old and went through 'hell' with me. It has suffered, but is still in too good shape to get replaced! (Just like myself :p)

This one shows the layout better (taken from this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138716):
4154.jpg

Last edited:
wow these are stunning, what kind of lens did you use

The wide angle shots are made with the 17-40 f/4 (on full frame). The close ups with the 24-105 f/4. But I also use the 300 f/4 and the 50 f/1.5 on trips like this one (just not in the images shown).

My favourite is 6, "Ripples and mountains", with ripples on the surface of the lake, and a repetition of the pattern in the clouds. What a wonderful coincidence. And inbetween all these light blues, there is the STRAIGHT line of the far bank with its yellow grass, followed by wonderfully diagonal lines and soft curves of the mountains behind,the brown colour of the ground interspersed with the ragged shapes of the grey rocks, all of that extended by the stretch of sheer rock and then the snow dusted higher mountain. All in all, to me that photo ROCKS the most! :D

Thanks, because I was not sure if it would work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back