DIY sand bags

I made 2 of each and the total cost of the project was about $8.25 Canadian, including the pre-dried sand.
So what is that in American dollars, about a buck ninety-five?? :lmao:

Jerry, nice job on the bags. Instead of lead shot, I would suggest BB's. The good old fashion shoot from you BB gun kid kind. Anymore they are cheaper then lead, which is hard to find in my area now since it is outlawed for bird hunting, and steel shot is expensive.

I will offer a thought for the non sewers out there for weights. Go to Wallyworld, Walmart for the uninformed, and buy their 20# ankle weight sets in sporting goods. $14.99 for 40#'s of total weight. They are designed to wrap around wrists, ankles, with two velcro straps, have removable individual weight tubes and easily wrap around legs and the bottom of the center column of a light stand. Once wrapped on they do not fall or slide off.

Good tip. Thanks! :D

Now if only they weren't from Bix Box Mart...Er...Cra...er...WalMart.

I will offer a thought for the non sewers out there for weights. Go to Wallyworld, Walmart for the uninformed, and buy their 20# ankle weight sets in sporting goods. $14.99 for 40#'s of total weight. They are designed to wrap around wrists, ankles, with two velcro straps, have removable individual weight tubes and easily wrap around legs and the bottom of the center column of a light stand. Once wrapped on they do not fall or slide off.

Great minds think alike. :D http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...194-very-good-alternate-sand-bag-weights.html

I didn't want to hi-jack Jerry's thread so started a different one. :sexywink:

I will definitely take care of my mom. I just painted her whole house. Anyhoo, she did sew me a lens shroud for my 400mm since I did not want to for over $100 for the fake leather one Canon makes. Mine is micro suede and cost me a whopping $6. Complete with a tie cord since I did not dig the velcro. ;)

Great minds think alike. :D http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...194-very-good-alternate-sand-bag-weights.html

I wish I could take credit for the simplicity of the thought, but I got the idea a couple of years ago from someone on the Canon forum. After of course after spending half a saturday reproducing a bought saddlebag sandbag. Jerry's is a nice clean simple design that looks very effective. I wish he would put up a schematic of the dimensions for the DYIer's that don't want to follow my route and buy a terribly overpriced pre sewn bag to copy. It was a great DYI project. :thumbup:

I didn't want to hi-jack Jerry's thread so started a different one. :thumbup:

sorry for waking up an old thread but my wife is so showing me how to use her sewing machine this weekend! lol

If that does not work out for you, I have another suggestion. I use Walmart ankle weights. If you look around, you can 2x10lb weights very cheap. They come with a strap already on them and are easy to attach to your stands.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back