Documentary Project

LaserSailor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[FONT=&quot]I’m currently enrolled in a class called Documentary Photography, where we are exploring photography as a witness to the real world.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The preschool special education program at a local Elementary School provides much needed assistance to children to prepare them for an academic career. The teachers and staff of the preschool classroom work long and hard hours to assist children with disabilities grow in the areas of speech and social skills. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I have a personal connection to this project through my mother, who works in the classroom as a teacher’s aide. She often comes home exhausted by the emotional and physical exertion that comes from working with special needs children. I’ve also seen her come home very excited and energized by a great day, or a breakthrough with one of the kids. I’ve often wondered what those days are like. I intend to photograph the relationships and interactions between the children and their teachers, to demonstrate the dedication and hard work of the staff. To document the struggles and victories of both the children and the staff as they work together towards their goals. Collaboration with the students will be an important aspect of this project and allowing them to contribute to the project in their own way.[/FONT]

Birthday-Wish.jpg

ICL_0357.jpg

QuestionOsifer.jpg

RCP_Preschool_3-23_0253.jpg

ARCP_0030.jpg

EDIT: Had a server snafu, had to re-upload all my photos.

Last edited:
Sorry all. I had a server error on my blog site and had to re-upload everything. Images are back now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back