Does anybody use a tablet like this one for editing photos?

I'm kind of the other end of the spectrum, and I freely admit I DIDN'T GIVE IT ENOUGH TIME TO GET ACCUSTOMED TO IT!

I have a tablet that I seldom use. Occasionally, but not frequently. Most of the time it's nothing more than a glorified mouse pad. They do take some getting used to, and if I put in the time I'd probably find it a handy item. As it is right now I don't care for them. I keep saying I'm going to mess with it more, but to me it's honestly not worth the effort since a mouse works just fine.

They are generally known as pen tablets.

I used Wacom's pen tablets for many years, but eventually moved up to their Cintiq display.
Editing right on the image is sweet.

I used Wacom's pen tablets for many years, but eventually moved up to their Cintiq display.

As with much of photography, you get what you pay for....

Just out of curiosity, what size Cintiq did you go with?

Picked up a pretty basic one off woot.com a few months ago, I can't believe I went without one for so long. It's a wacom Bamboo, I love it. Best $50 I have spent in a while, as far as computer stuff goes. It is pretty easy to get used to, though at first it feels pretty odd, takes a day of fooling around with and you are good to go. O like too that I can take handwritten notes and it converts to text, I'm not the fastest typer.

I have two, both of the citniq version, at one time i had a smaller version. they are great, but like anything else take time and practice to get the most out of the tool

Every digital artist uses Intuos or Cintiq. I use Intuos for computer modeling, painting, and sculpting. There is a touch sensitive slider on the side to adjust the brush size and opacity.

I have a small Bamboo and love it. Mostly use it with PS, but sometimes I edit in PrPro with the pen. It saves on the wrist.

My second shooter uses the Wacom larger one, and tells me I am crazy for not using one yet. I just never have tried one. She loves it.

Most reactions

Back