Does something like this exist?

Harpua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fotki.com
I know a lot of you will cringe when I say this, but with my last camera (Coolpix990) I used the LCD to frame all of my shots. because of this and the swivel body I was able to get some real cool angles. It was very easy to get the camera very low to the ground, maybe an inch off or so, and then swivel the screen so I could see what I was getting. I have some great shots of little salamanders right at eye level because of this.

I have since switched over to a DSLR. As you all know, you must use the viewfinder and not the lcd to frame your shots with an SLR. I miss the flexibility of being able to get the camera real low or high over my head and still see what is in the frame. I was wondering if there is any kind of periscope attachment or something else that I could attach to the eye piece so that I could get close to those angles again?

I also loved the Nikon CoolPix 995 for the same reason. I use the CoolPix 4500 now. The swivel design really makes it easy to be creative in a rush when needed.

i think you can get an extendr but i belive they are expensive and bulkie
i dont know if this will work for you but when i shoot climbing i stick he camera ofer the edge of the wall and hit the buton you can usualy shoot without using the veiw finder alright not great though
tis techicue is once of the stnderds in climbing photgraphy if you get the acses you use htis techinue
give it a try save some cash

Most reactions

Back