I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't donated much in the way of digital equipment lately, and its been a while since I donated a full "kit", (which went pretty well, I think)
so I feel it is time to do it again. This is a pretty basic starter kit, and I do not imagine it will be an "upgrade" for anyone here. It is best suited for someone that does not have a DSLR at all, has been wanting to get into DSLR photography, and does not have the money to do so.
I wont go over all of the details of the D50, but if you want to see its official specs, you can find them HERE. I will say that the D50 has a built in focus motor, so it will autofocus any Nikon mount AF lens, which is pretty banging.

This kit comes with pretty much everything you will need to start your career as a pro photographer, minus the 2 months of intense YouTube training it will require.
Nikon D50 (fair condition cosmetically, some scratches on screen, otherwise minor wear. 7100 shutter count. EX working condition)
Nikkon AF 50mm f/1.8 (lens is ace)
Vivitar Auto Flash (non directional head, but fully functional)
Sandisk 512 meg SD card. (I think this camera supports 1gig max card, but i have heard people say they used 2 gig cards with no problems)
Quantaray DSLR bag. (small bag, room for one more lens maybe. couple of pockets for accessories)
Vivitar Charger with wall and car charger adapter.
Nikon 1400mAh EN-EL3 OEM battery.
Eh....I might dig around and find a few more misc. goodies to throw in the bag as a surprise. If not, that's what you get.

Requirements for receiving this kit:
#1 you do not already have a DSLR or MILC and you want to get into DSLR photography.
#2 um...see #1.
#3 Bobs your uncle.

Seeing as how anyone that has a DSLR here probably has better than a D50, if you are interested in this kit for someone you know, and are an active and contributing member of the forum, (as secretly defined by me and my wife) we will consider you for the donation on behalf of whomever you want it for, provided a detailed explanation of the situation is given. (pictures wouldn't hurt either)

Please post in this thread if you are interested. PM's and emails may or may not be considered.

This kit is free to a good home. we cover shipping. CONUS and Alaska only.

If this donation is tickety-boo after a week or so I will wrap it up, provided nobody throws a wobbly.

$P3010124.jpg
$P3010122.jpg
$P3010121.jpg
$P3010120.jpg
$P3010126.jpg
$P3010125.jpg
$Screenshot (2).jpg

Last edited:
I hereby nominate pixmedic as the official "TPF Cool Dude" for all his donations.
allHailTheKing.gif

I hereby nominate pixmedic as the official "TPF Cool Dude" for all his donations.
allHailTheKing.gif

I totally agree; your generosity with your MULTIPLE and frequent equipment give-aways over the past several years has been nothing short of amazing!

$Pixmedic rocks!!!!!!!.jpg

I had to sell my d7000 for financial reasons. So I'm currently without a camera. I have a 70 300 vr and yongnuo flash, but nothing to use them with. This would be awesome to be able to get back in the game.

allHailTheKing.gif

well....if I were "cool", i would have tried to find a better flash than that old vivitar.
the D100 kit I donated a while back at least came with an SB24. :D

also, I dont know what the shutter rating is for a D50. the camera shutter count website I used to check the clicks says its at 14% of expected shutter life.
whatever that number works out to be (my math is bad) im still fairly certain 7100 is a low shutter count. Hopefully that site is accurate in its %, 'cause that would mean the old girls got a lot of life left in her.

also, also, I don't remember what the image quality is like on the D50. been a pretty long time since i have shot anything with it except for testing purposes.
you can probably Google some flickr pages for it though if there's any concerns. I do know that it will shoot raw, and you can get 67 raw files on the 512meg card.

I say give it to maniacmike, but only under the condition that he has to go out and apply for a job as a pro photographer carrying the D50 - with the flash attached.. lol

Ya, I'm a bad bad man.

Awesome donation thread. I love that you're donating a Nikon, so it isn't competing with my Canon. :lol:

Anyway, while I know a couple people who really do deserve this, they're not part of the forum, and I'm definitely not one of them. Besides, Bob is my dad, not my uncle, so I'm screwed anyway, even though the 7D is just a little tiny point and shoot from 1993. Good luck, everyone!

My nominate my nieces. Exceptionally nice things you do for us. Thanks!

Going to make this a short one.
I want to get this done by the weekend so get the word out to anyone that might be interested. If you are interested on behalf of someone else, please make doubly and tripley sure that photography is something THEY are actually interested in pursuing.

also im not in for me I'm in for my mom, its almost her bday and she loves photography but currently does not have a camera

I'd be interested as I quit photography awhile back and sold my stuff. Stupid of me. I miss that 50mm lens most of all.

profound thinking about stuff

I would love to nominate my friend Dawn Webb if u haven't chosen someone yet she has always wanted to get into photography but just can't afford to get a dslr or lenses. This would be great for her as a starter kit.

allHailTheKing.gif

well....if I were "cool", i would have tried to find a better flash than that old vivitar.
the D100 kit I donated a while back at least came with an SB24. :D

also, I dont know what the shutter rating is for a D50. the camera shutter count website I used to check the clicks says its at 14% of expected shutter life.
whatever that number works out to be (my math is bad) im still fairly certain 7100 is a low shutter count. Hopefully that site is accurate in its %, 'cause that would mean the old girls got a lot of life left in her.

also, also, I don't remember what the image quality is like on the D50. been a pretty long time since i have shot anything with it except for testing purposes.
you can probably Google some flickr pages for it though if there's any concerns. I do know that it will shoot raw, and you can get 67 raw files on the 512meg card.

As the recipient of some your giveaways, INCLUDING that awesome D100 for my son (who is LOVING it, when he can find time to shoot!), I have to say:

All your "also-ing" means SQUAT. :lmao:
Just face it: You and your wife are AWESOME for doing these donations. I don't know which astounds me more: your family's generosity, or the size of that dang closet!! :D

(Also, this seems like a good time to make a confession: That SB-24 that was included in the D100 kit for my son? Yeah, he wasn't using it. Hadn't even tried it. I asked him about it and he said he wasn't sure when or if he'd ever get around to using it. So I took it. :lol: The deal is, it's still "his" and he gets to have it back whenever he DOES want to learn flash…but in the meantime, I've been using it. It gives me a second flash besides my Yongnuo 560. So now *I* get to learn about using more than one flash on a subject.)

In case our votes count, so far I'd definitely vote for manicmike, of the people we've heard about "publicly." But one thing I have no doubt of--you and your wife will make a good choice about who to give it to, and you will enrich yet another person's photography horizons!

As for voting for him as "TPF Cool Dude," I thought that was already a done deal!
Although, I suspect perhaps it should be "Spouse of TPFs most Generous Member!" ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back