weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I use my phone a lot. Basically I use mine the way other people use laptops.

And I got a message last week saying I was due an upgrade...woot!

So today I ditched my old HTC one X and got a spanking new Samsung Galaxy S5 and what an improvement that is. It was a close run thing with the HTC M8 however the ip67 rating on the S5 made it for me as one of my other hobbies is fishing increasing the need for water resistance.

Looks like a brillant phone though. Intuative and enough to make me see a real difference in performance. Sweet!

Nice. I've got the Galaxy S4 and have no complaints.
My only complaint is I keep breaking my screen. I did fine for a long time then all of a sudden I can't keep the thing in good shape. I've replaced it 2x in the last 6 weeks and need another one now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

I drop my S4 a lot. But so far it hasn't broken or been damaged in any way. I use an Otter case with cradle for wearing on my belt.

yeah i have an otterbox. it's great.

Yeah yeah. I have an otterbox. I just haven't been using it because I have a case/wallet that I think is great.

But I really should go back to the box

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

So I use my phone a lot. Basically I use mine the way other people use laptops.

This is exactly why I upgrade my phone whenever I feel like there's a new device on the market that's better for me in some significant way. My phone is a heavily used and critical piece of technology; I don't buy into "settling" for an older one based on someone else's timeline and not upgrading until they tell me it's time.

I typically get a new phone 1-2 times per year. I keep all the boxes and manuals, and I take great care of my stuff. When I buy a new one, my old one goes on Craigslist. When I consider the income from selling my old phone, the net expense to me works out to roughly $200-$300 per year on phones to always have the latest and greatest. That's a drop in the bucket compared to what I spend on photography and other hobbies, and as I said, considering how much time I'm using a phone that's a no brainer to me.

Most reactions

Back