Dr. Susse plant at the Getty

paigegreen916

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
tgpphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
taken on July 5 at the J. Paul Getty Museum in L.A.
so, as i'm still so very much a newbie...what are your thoughts?
single.jpg

thats pretty cool! Zooming out a little bit and putting it on one of thirds would be the only suggestion I can give.

Ben

Actually a pretty neat picture. I would actually try some stuff closer to the plant with the same background, but your version works very nicely as well. And of course the rule of thirds thing that was already mentioned, but I don't think its too big of a deal here.

Nice photo. I didn't catch that tree two weeks ago when I was up there. The first thing I noticed in the picture, however, was our nasty smog layer!

Yeah, that is quite neat. What the heck are those? :lol:

Just get rid of the smog in LA and I'd say you have a hit. ;) LOL!

They're the flowers of Century Plants, thus named because supposedly they only bloom after 100 years. Actually, they bloom after about 30 years. They are giant agave plants. After blooming, they die. These trees grow in about eight weeks, and then bloom for about six weeks... in the mean time, all the hummingbirds feed off them.

Compositionally, it would have been nicer for you to be a little further to the left, so that the white building is not behind the plants. In terms of light, 20 minutes earlier would have probably been better - this looks as though the sun is about to set, and is already below the ridge you're on.

Most reactions

Back