Dragonfly C&C please!

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I cropped the original and did a little PP to bring out the colors and contrast.
:thumbup: or :thumbdown:'s welcome.

Dragonfly.jpg

Thanks

i like the colors on the dragonfly, however the photo looks a little soft imo

i like the colors on the dragonfly, however the photo looks a little soft imo

Sorry, dummy question, what's imo? Second, if it's possible in PP, could you edit my photo to show me what you mean and give a quick one sentence blurb on how you did it? That would help a lot.

Thanks.

Imo = in my opinion
Imho = in my honest opinion
Soft = not Sharp. Sometimes done on purpose but this you would want it as Sharp as possible. It is a little soft maybe due to having max focal length on your lens trying to get as close as possible. Other things cause it like a dirty lens ect...
not a bad shot otherwise . i kinda like the crop.

Dragon fly's are tough. Especially the focus, which I believe is the issue here. Whenever I try to shoot one, I manually focus and take at lest 4-6 shots and usually one is really sharp. You can use unsharp mask to help some, but it's still trying to correct for something that's not there.

Dragonfly.jpg

The yellow in the back is a little distracting, but otherwise it's great, :thumbup:

Dragon fly's are tough. Especially the focus, which I believe is the issue here. Whenever I try to shoot one, I manually focus and take at lest 4-6 shots and usually one is really sharp. You can use unsharp mask to help some, but it's still trying to correct for something that's not there.

I can see that. I was using the lens at the extents of its capabilities, and it was a pretty significant crop so I'm sure that played into it a lot. I'll have to try taking more shots next time. I like the added sharpening, too. Thanks!

Dragon flys are easier to shoot in the mornings when they are cool, some will let you get up to do macro shots.
I agree with above as far as focus. Keep trying.

Well, you all might laugh at me... I made a rookie mistake and edited the wrong photo! Here is the one I meant to upload originally. I think it's only marginally better, but I digress...

DSC_0116.jpg

This one is much better IMO. I like the detail on the wings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back