Dream Interpretation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Calliope, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Calliope

Calliope TPF Noob!

I have been having some really strange dreams lately. For example, last night, I dreamt of spiders everywhere! I usually go to my mom with my dreams - and she has been able to interpret them pretty well... yes, I believe in that stuff! :confused: But, JonMikal bought me a book a while ago about dream interpretation so I went to that. According to 10,000 Dreams Interpretted, by Gustavus Hindman Miller - "If you dream that you see many spiders hanging in their webs around you, foretells most favorable conditions, fortune, good health and friends." This along with another dream I had recently of having twins (which the books says "To dream of seeing twins foretells security in business, and faithful and loving contentment in the home", I am going to be one fortunate individual!!! :mrgreen:

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Sounds good! Happy 1K as well!

I've had spider dreams before, and they were before money (I inherited some). Not that I believe in that kind of thing, but there's a lot to be said for what your brain might be subconciously meaning when you're free thinking.

I remember working on some AI stuff with superconductors at Uni and what we would do is have a bank of light sensors, coupled to some LEDs (like a really low tek webcam). You'd show it a picture like a stylistic house, then a tree and other stuff. The thing had natural capacitance, and when you didn't stimulate it, it would do something akin to dreaming. Very spooky when you're doing that kind of thing in a lab. It's also spooky when an Eliza program you created asks not be be killed!

Rob

3. anicole

anicole TPF Noob!

You going to look stuff up for us?!?! :clap:

Oh heck ... never mind. I'm an awesome candidate if you want to come out of retirement! :er:

The Calliope Center ...

Do you take Pay Pal or just cash? :lol:

4. Calliope

Calliope TPF Noob!

Anicole, I will gladly tell you what the book says about your dream if you like.

Sorry, my friend, the only counseling I do now is on myself! And I need all the help I can give me! :mrgreen:

5. Calliope

Calliope TPF Noob!

Thanks Rob!

6. anicole

anicole TPF Noob!

But you'll still give us meds ... right?!? :confused:

7. Calliope

Calliope TPF Noob!

But, of course.

8. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What does it mean if I dream about TPF all the time? :crazy:

9. Calliope

Calliope TPF Noob!

I'll give you that one for free! It means your psychotic and need meds! :mrgreen:

10. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    well, I already knew that!!!

Come on! Tell us something we don't already know! :lmao:

11. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

This morning I had a shower and was drying myself when I saw something crawling along the towel. It was a spider with a body of maybe an inch in length. It gave me quite a shock.

I don't dream. Lots of spiders in real life is not good. I wonder how they came to that conclusion about dreams.

12. Calliope

Calliope TPF Noob!

I'm not sure... according to the book, if you get bit by a spider, there will be unfaithfulness in your relationships and/or will have problems at work. So, not all spider dreams are good :confused: