Drizzly day at the beach

plugsnpixels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Made all spiffy with some artsy post-processing.

impressionbeach.jpg

Neat, always interested to see how others approach the "artsy post-processing". I don't know what it is, maybe the line of the fence, but as I look at the image, I can't help but get the feeling that it is tilted towards me. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Thanks, what constitutes good artsy would make a great discussion!

The plants are on a hillside and the wide-angle view exaggerates it all. I might have been in great danger! ;-)

Neat, always interested to see how others approach the "artsy post-processing". I don't know what it is, maybe the line of the fence, but as I look at the image, I can't help but get the feeling that it is tilted towards me. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy
This, for me, would be a really difficult scene to figure out how to orient perfectly. It has so many lines leading different directions!

Peeb, thanks, I think it's working (i.e., balanced). Due to the location on a hillside there weren't too many shooting options, but I'm happy with what I got.

WesternGuy
This, for me, would be a really difficult scene to figure out how to orient perfectly. It has so many lines leading different directions!
I agree. All I was doing was stating my response to the image. Whether or not it is "fixable". I don't know. It is just that if I have this sense of it being tilted towards me, then I suspect that others might as well, thus the comment.

WesternGuy

Peeb, thanks, I think it's working (i.e., balanced). Due to the location on a hillside there weren't too many shooting options, but I'm happy with what I got.
I agree that the image is balanced, but the balance does not influence the feeling I got of the image being tilted towards me. If you are happy with what you have, then that is really all that counts. My comment was based on my impression of the image after I had been viewing it for a few seconds, that's all.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back