Dropping in from the midwest.

schro31185

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just throwing my introduction out here for anyone interested. I am just getting into photography, beyond point and shoot atleast, though I have always been interested. Since I dont have money in my budget for a nice DSLR and appropriate lenses right now (not that I would know what to buy anyway) I have started using my parents hand me down 35mm SLR. Its serving 2 purposes, 1) to give me some experience working with a camera with capabilties beyond "action, low light, or auto" and 2) to see if this will be something I can justify spending money on.

Taking a look at my other hobbies, I usually find a way to justify spending money on whatever interests me. Like my self built mountian bike whose price ended up in the 4 digit range, or my love of cars and making them faster.

I am a draftsman for a welding company, I work in AutoCAD most of my day, and visit forums for the rest :mrgreen:

I have a very basic understanding of what I am doing with the camera, though it seems the use of film has significantly slowed the learning process as compared to digital. As far as after the picture is taken, I have GIMP that I DL'ed a while back, but really dont know how to use it, or any of the Adobe products for that matter.

Most reactions

Back