SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Newlywed couple sues their wedding videographer after clip goes viral

My opinion on this is that while the groom made an ass of himself, it's certainly not the most embarrassing video I've ever seen and hardly warrants a law suit. If I were the bride I'd be questioning my own judgement in marrying someone that had to get wasted on our wedding day. That being said, I'm curious from the pros here if you would get permission from your clients before posting a questionable video of them online?

I don't do much in the wedding line, but I wouldn't post that. Period. It has nothing to do with the couple in the video; they're acting like idiots, people are laughing at them, that's fine. I wouldn't want potential clients to think that potentially embarrassing images or video of them might be released. I suspect that is going to cost that studio a LOT of business.

who cares about lost business when you have so many views! internet dollars.

Last edited:
I don't do much in the wedding line, but I wouldn't post that. Period. It has nothing to do with the couple in the video; they're acting like idiots, people are laughing at them, that's fine. I wouldn't want potential clients to think that potentially embarrassing images or video of them might be released. I suspect that is going to cost that studio a LOT of business.

Couldn't agree more. Can't imagine what this supposed "professional" was thinking releasing this video.

"Stupid is as stupid does." - Mrs. Gump.
University of San Francisco law professor Robert Talbot highlighted part of their quote saying 'our video'.

He said that even though the couple hired George Street Photo, the firm retain the copyright.

'Any photograph by any photographer is considered a creative work, that belongs to the author – the photographer – and they have full rights, full copyrights' he told . . .

What happens in San Francisco stays on Youtube.

Moral of the story, don't act like a dumb@$$ in pubic if you don't want the public to know you are a dumb@$$.

Thanks for the find Peg, better than the comics today. :biggrin-93:

If the bride had been laughing I could see a reason for posting it in humour; but as its clearly not a happy time for her it seems very unprofessional to release that video when one is running a company. I guess it was one of those cases where someone in the office uploaded it for a laugh and then it got around enough to go viral and its come back to bite them hard.

why on earth would a professional wedding photographer post that video?!?
that was the photographer going full retard. never go full retard.
deserves whatever the court hands down on that one....

btw...got absolutely, positively, 100% wasted on my wedding day.
we just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary on Sept 11th.

Last edited:
If the bride had been laughing I could see a reason for posting it in humour; but as its clearly not a happy time for her it seems very unprofessional to release that video when one is running a company. I guess it was one of those cases where someone in the office uploaded it for a laugh and then it got around enough to go viral and its come back to bite them hard.
wedding ... not a happy time ...

I think she hired the wrong type of lawyers.

My daughter's friend's wedding video had a clip of one of the bridesmaid's dancing and her strapless dress fell below her breasts. It was blurred out in the final video and the music montage, but I don't see the need to have left that clip in the production. No one sued, but then again it wasn't uploaded to YT.

She has a good reason to file suit.

But for divorce.

wedding ... not a happy time ...

I think she hired the wrong type of lawyers.

Well who knows though, I mean we don't really know anything about the groom other than what is featured on this one clip... and lets face it, I'm grateful that I grew up in an age where no video of the incredibly stupid things I did ever made it to youtube.

So I try not to be so quick to judge based on a snippet of video taken during what I think was probably not this guys finest moment.

...........So I try not to be so quick to judge based on a snippet of video taken during what I think was probably not this guys finest moment.

It actually might be his best......

...........So I try not to be so quick to judge based on a snippet of video taken during what I think was probably not this guys finest moment.

It actually might be his best......

That's possible, but I can't really determine that from a video of one embarrassing moment on the internet. For all I know the guy might be a really wonderful person who just had a little to much to drink and did something stupid.

Not like I haven't done plenty of stupid stuff in my day, fortunately though that was before a time when everybody and their brother had a way to record it and upload it for millions to see.

......... For all I know the guy might be a really wonderful person who just had a little to much to drink and did something stupid.............

Are you referring to getting plastered.............. or getting married?
CalvinBlink2.gif

Most reactions

Back