Ducks in a row (C&C Please)

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or in flight.

I've been away from the forum for a couple weeks and have a couple shots I'd like C&C on.

These were shot at a local park. I was driving by and saw a tree with yellow leaves back-lit. I thought it'd be a pretty good shot. It didn't come out like I'd hoped, but the ducks in the river came out OK.

Your opinions are appreciated.

4061539438_a00255df0f_b.jpg

EXIF

I'm kinda disappointed by the rock and leaf directly over the duck's head. I couldn't easily clone it out. I'm gonna make another attempt at some point.

4061540726_cfb61ef180_b.jpg

EXIF

i might be the only one with this opinion but i feel like both shots were snapshots..

1 would be better if you would have taken a lower shot instead of standing and just shooting. i think you have the right idea about going out and try again.

i think getting closer to the subject would make this a better shot

Considering the situation you did the best you could, things i feel like you could improve (on my amateur opinion) is this:

Get a lower angle
PP the photos for better colors
PP the photos for less distraction
Take photo in high resolution (unless you already did) and crop it
Lower your aperture so you can focus on the birds more​

Using a polariser might also help. I find the reflections on the lake pretty distracting. Faster shutter speed may help for the second one too. Other than that you seemed to have done the best you can with these. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back