dupont circle event

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
riding through dupont circle saturday i came across a biking event. these bikers were assembled to pay tribute to a fellow biker killed a month ago while working. the bikers are couriers, they deliver documents/packages quickly throughout the streets of dc...routinely finding themselves in harms way. i learned a lot about them and the guy who died through conversation. if you know me, you'll know i have no problem shooting strangers, but because of the circumstances involved and the trust these people put in me by allowing close access, i chose not to shoot many faces; one didn't mind.

here's a pic of Rico:

47098219-O.jpg

47098214-O.jpg

discussing the ride

47098737-O.jpg

47098232-O.jpg

loved this decal

47098227-O.jpg

"you like my ears"?

47098221-O.jpg

47098958-O.jpg

just before heading out i hollered "group photo" ...bikes hit the pavement...everyone who had a camera came running :)

47098235-O.jpg

they didn't want to move...it was cold as crap and 4 p.m. with a 2 hour ride ahead of them

47098237-O.jpg

good people!

well, as always, thanks for looking :)

These are all really awesome!
(photo #6)The guy to the left of the lady in the helmet looks like one of the Deltaforce members who played in Black Hawk Down. :D

Great group photo btw! :thumbup:

Great shots JonMikal!
#1 :thumbsup:
beautiful b/w's ... well documented :)
tfs

Nice set. The second one is my favorite... the bicycle looks lonely to me, like the empty benches.

These are terrific Jon! Haha, I'm gonna try that sometime... go to some random event and shout "GROUP PHOTOOOOO" and see what happens. :p

#2 is a nice tribute to the lost rider.

As always ... great stuff that moves a person, JonMikal!

awesome shots.... i cant tell my favorite, cause i like something about all of them...! the story makes it, though... and the group shot is so cool with the bikes on the ground....

( i thought you were shy, jonmikal.....)

2, 1 and the group shot gets my vote! :)

Are you planning to gift/sell them the prints?

cool pics, must of been exciting to be there!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back