Dusty

altyfc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Moving house next month, and went to see some of the finishing touches this afternoon. Here's one of the shots:

dusty.jpg

Aaron

hi alty,

i love these kind of shots, sort of the slice of life types. the tones seem quite good here and the photo stands well as is :)

But i am curious what would have if you started to play with the contrast a bit. Another thing you could try is to burn the 'rubbish' and 'dodge' the the broom.

do you have any other shots?

Hi there, thanks... what did you mean by burn the rubbish and dodge the brush? I'm sorry I don't understand the terms.

I did take some other shots... I plan to put together a before and after album for us afterwards. Shots like the one above followed by a vase with flowers on the windowsill of the finished house, mixed with some before and afters of whole rooms... should be nice to look back on.

Aaron

Here's the same shot with more contrast.

dusty2.jpg

I agree that this looks better.

Aaron

Hi there, thanks... what did you mean by burn the rubbish and dodge the brush? I'm sorry I don't understand the terms.

oops sorry there, glad you called me on not being clear!

dodging - means lightening up sections of an image, in pshop you can use the 'black lollipop' tool to do this

burning - is the opposite, darken sections of an image, in pshop it looks like the hand doing the 'Ok' sign.

They have darkroom equivalents as well but I am unfortunately not well versed in those.

By the way, like contrasty image here that looks fab!

Looks like a pic of my new apartment!
BTW, I can certainly understand burning rubbish and avoiding having to sweep.

BTW, I can certainly understand burning rubbish and avoiding having to sweep.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back