E-TTL

hammerhead_05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey. I have a question for all you goo-roos! :) ummm.....I am looking to purchase an E-TTL flash. I understand how it works...flashing, metering, then shutting off at the appopriate time. Excellent invention, BTW...lol.. BUT, my question is that if set my camera to underexpose by a stop, 2 or 3....and go to expose....will the flash automatically create the proper exposure on the subject?! (unless otherwize specified manually) I can't find anywhere online that explains this. If you dont know what I mean, let me know, i'll try to explain it differently. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) thanx
-Brock-:mrgreen:

if the flash has manual controls, (above the 430EX I think)
or if your using a camera body that has FEC (10D , 20d and above )

(flash exposure compensation)

you can always dial it up and down however you like. also I hacked my old original rebel (300D) firmware to have FEC. It works flawlessly.

yes, you have options.

assuming you're asking if it will expose appropriately, then yes. If you choose to underexpose, then it will underexpose. If your camera has FEC, you can change it how ever you like. If you go with the 580, it has built in FEC.

another question....:)...the EZ models are designed for film cameras?....while the EX is for digital......and the EZ will work on digital, but only in manual mode.....is this correct?....or did i get something wrong?
I want to buy one that works in aperture priority......i want the EZ cuz its cheaper....lol...but, if it is not going to work, then i guess i can't....any info would be greatly appreciated! :) thanx

-brock-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back