'Easy' Senior Gal Pose

Tally Ho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
During my senior sessions after the subject gets 'comfy' being photographed I usually ask the subject to 'invent' a pose. Another senior gal came up with this pose, and since then I have added it to my repertoire with some modifications. I like it.

Tally Ho, Gung Ho, Da Ho, Mistah Ho, Don Ho, Back Ho, Hi Dee Ho, Ivan Ho, High Ho, Westward Ho, or Cheng Ho, it's your choice. I love 'em all!

Attachments

• $Em001-011.jpg
    $Em001-011.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 219
I wasn't sure about the half foot at first, but I kinda like this particular one. I'd like it better I think with less background.

she looks like she is floating. and her pose seems awkward.

other than that, exposure is beautiful, and colors look great! super work tally!

thebeginning said:
wow, she looks old to be a senior.
Ease of on that now, thank you.

Two things that bother me.
The fixed grin looks so false - the eyes are OK but the mouth... Perhaps waiting for her to relax a little so that eyes are still smiling but the mouth is in more natural position?
The background is lit so flat - it does make her look a little floaty.
Why not try using some flags to put some shadow in there? Give it a bit of depth and some feel. As it is, the whole image looks flat so she just kind of merges in. Shadows on the BG would help make her stand out of the picture more.
Lighting on her is good, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back