Edward Scissorhands Tree

KristinaS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristinaserafiniphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted anything in a while, so I figured I would share one from Easter. The pic has nothing at all to do with the holiday, but I visited my brother-in-law's family farm that day and came across this tree that looked sort of Tim Burton-ish. This was taken about a half hour before the sun went down completely. It's pretty much straight out of camera aside for some slight sharpening for web.
I can't decide if there's too much black space at the bottom, but when I cropped it and only left a little bit of space at the bottom, I felt it didn't look as good.
2357078098_df16cceeb5.jpg

Well, to my mind there is not too much dark space there, since that space is there for a reason (it is home to the trunks!), but that space is too dark. I believe that the entire photo is too dark, actually, and the histogramme should show you that there are no highlights, at all. And other than upping the highlights all over, you might consider to selectively brighten the grass area a little (carefully as not to create halos or very visible noise) so that the bottom part of the picture gets its meaning.

I do like silhouetted winter trees (bare, skeletonlike) against an evening sky, which is why I felt kind of compelled to take these_photos (and I am mostly thinking of the last photo of that little series).

I kind of like the wealth of dark space. Despite the darkness, the trees have a neat pronouncement against it. It's funny- this reminds me of those Rene Magritte paintings with the really bright sky and night time setting.

1371empireoflightsmagridv0.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back