Eight Kids, One Dog, & One self saturated Melon.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Trombone, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Trombone

Trombone TPF Noob!

This was taken in the desert of Palmyra, Syria.

I fell in love with the different and unique face expressions of each (dog & melon included)

[​IMG]

do comment.... .. .... ,,,

peace,
    Trombone

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice. I like the expressions as well, but this is way oversharpened. Halos and artifacts abound. At first I thought it was jpg compression maybe, but the file size is far too large for that to be the reason.

It also feels cropped a bit too tight.

3. Force of Nature

Force of Nature TPF Noob!

great job on the melon, I love the natural poses. Its a great shot, but, as Matt has said, the sharpening has been over done.

4. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes this is WAY to sharpened, and trust me I am like the king of OVER sharpening :lol: On a side note thoug I would love this one as a B+W only. I think the photo is plenty strong enough without the coloed melon. Good job on it though.

5. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Good picture, I find the expressions very interesting. The twoolder boys look relaxed, the boy in front of them looks frightened,three of the boys look sad, and one boy looks like he referreing asports game while another looks bored:scratch:. Maybe you could shed some background on why such diverseexpressions? Did the older boys bully the younger ones into gettingtheir picture taken :lol:

6. Trombone

Trombone TPF Noob!

Thank you all for commenting, the over sharpenning was kinda intentional for i heard that it would go away when printed on paper, cause "the paper tends to soften the pic shown on the screen" i didn't do it yet though.

unfortunatly this shot was taken in Syria, right next to the borders with Iraq, and while my arabic is a pure mediterranean one, their's is rather desertish, so i couldn't understand a word, but the general ambiance was that they were all going somewhere to play (don't ask me why they brought a melon along) and the guy sitting with his head sticking out behind the melon was like blaming his friend (the one sitting with his head between his hands) on how he shouldn't have treated the puppy (shown in the middle of the frame) this way.

that's about it i guess.

Cheers,
    Trombone