Energy series, need critique

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some images I took a while ago, I have decided to group them together as a series showing different forms of energy. Electrical, nuclear and chemical. I will eventually add one more photo of fast running water exiting a dam or large water fall for kinetic energy. I have a few possible locations in mind but I still not sure how I will be able to keep the monochromatic theme.

Do these three images work together as a set?

Does the image of the oil tanks fit with the others, is its reason for being included readily evident?

What do you think of the composition of the lightning photo, would a tighter crop be better or do you like it the way it is?

All comments and editing are welcome

lightning1webdw8.jpg

break3yg0.jpg

nighttanks2mp2.jpg

I love all three of these photos, 1, any capturd lightning is awsome put the power lines in this photo go real well, 2, how the hell did you take this photo without burning your eye our?? very nice though.
3, great lighting, did you use any filters etc to take this one?

Thanks alot,

I wasn't sure about the power lines in the first photo when I first captured it but as you say they fit the energy theme perfectly.

The second photo was taken with a specially filtered telescope that only passes light emitted by the hydrogen plasma (H-alpha) at the sun's surface.

The third shot is pretty much straight from the camera except some standard tweaking in photoshop. I didn't use any filters for this shot, the green cast is caused by the lighting used at the refinery. Only a slight green cast is detectable to the naked eye but it really shows up in a long exposure such as this.

Another thing to consider would be a windmill/wind power generator. I love your shots so far and I hope you keep expanding your pictures for this theme, and more importantly updating this thread when you get new shots.

This is really pretty inspiring to start a theme of my own. Thank you.

first of all..... all three images are excellent.... i like the crop of the first how it is...... maybe take a little from the top and right hand side..... but its pretty much there.....
The second is awesome.... no need for adjustments there.....
.....and the third..... although the least difficult to obtain.... is my fav of the series..... the green haze looks great.....
All round, great series.... i agree there could be a few more added to the list.... but what you have here are three great images. :thumbup:

Excellent series, no need for changes......and the waterfall completes the series.

Question: you have the sun as nuclear, wouldn’t a nuclear power plant be more appropriate and the sun maybe nature or natural energy?

Just a thought.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back