Epson Acculaser C1100 fault

andrewcollier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an Epson Acculaser C1100 colour printer, about 4 years old and has had what I feel is little use for a laser.

It developed a fault recently giving a shadow on the front (same) page when printed in black. It now prints on the front largely OK, but there is now a shadow on the rear of the page and this is critical as I am printing double sided (manual, not duplex).

I must stress that the problem is only with black. When I change text etc to colour it prints fine.

I had been using Epson original toner since new and when this fault developed I was using original. I have however tried using 2 brands of compatibles but they give the same result.

I had expected it to need a service, and contacted the local Epson retailer who said it sounded like the fuser (but why would this be a problem just on black and work fine on colour?) They said it would be cheaper to get a new unit due to the high cost of labour.

So what do folk think of compatible toner? Does it look like I need a new printer?

If I need to buy a new one, I would get another C1100 as I have 5 stock of cartridges and photoconductors.

I feel it may just need the inside cleaning, but finding someone reliable who can do it is another matter.

I gritted my teeth, bit the bullet(expense!) and rang the Epson helpline, and about 10-12 min waiting, but when I got through I got a lovely knowledgeable girl, who advised me to clean the roller with a dry rag next to the toner cartridge. I found it had so much excess toner on it the dry rag made little difference so I used the vacuum and finished off with a rag. It was perfect almost straight away, so that expensive call has saved me buying a somewhat more expensive printer. I told them I WAS using original toner to get a sympathetic response, but after cleaning I put the compatible back. Great!

Also one of the forums I put the post on came up with this site which I am definitely going to save.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back