erosion

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
429-5x7-gs017.jpg

Oh wow, that sure looks interesting!!! Very detailed on the textures in the foreground. Eventually, my son (who's just started to read geology in uni) will be able to tell me all about the rocks, where they come from, when they emerged, why they erode like this and whatnot, heehee :D ... an excursion might even eventually take him there to analyse the rock, who knows?

Oh wow, that sure looks interesting!!! Very detailed on the textures in the foreground. Eventually, my son (who's just started to read geology in uni) will be able to tell me all about the rocks, where they come from, when they emerged, why they erode like this and whatnot, heehee :D ... an excursion might even eventually take him there to analyse the rock, who knows?

Hi LaFoto,

This comment slipped through the cracks. In this particular shot the water runoff goes down to the dark spot, then disappears into a large hole in the ground, then comes out of the canyon wall about a quarter mile away. The earth is ver unstable. All while I was wandering around shooting there I had to be careful to make sure there was something below the dirt I was standing on. It could have collapsed and sent me into a hole maybe 30-50 deep.

The Mojave is a geological wonderland. I went out to a place called Rainbow Basin the other day, which is said to be almost a model of the major geologic forces in the Mojave compacted into a 10 square mile area. It was crawling with geology students.

I just finished putting up the text and photos (not mine) for a 75 stop virtual field trip of the Death Valley region in California and Nevada on my web site a few days ago.

http://digital-desert.com/death-valley/geology/

I'm working on setting up an interactive satellite image map to point out the areas and points of interest. That should be erady in about a month, but I found it interesting even with the text and photos.

For the geologists, this is a briaded stream bed, the sign of high-energy run-off.....probably from cloud bursts.

It's also a nice picture with good tonal variation

cool shot.. i like the texture in the land looks shweet

i really like the texture in this one.

For the geologists, this is a briaded stream bed, the sign of high-energy run-off.....probably from cloud bursts.

It's also a nice picture with good tonal variation

cool shot.. i like the texture in the land looks shweet

Thanks all. The print came in today. I had it done on metallic paper and the lighter spots look like chrome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back