Error message with new lens

Lottie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got a new lens. Canon RF 16mm 2.8, and it shows this message on the screen. It isn’t there with other lenses. The lens itself seems to be working fine, but the message is there each time I turn it on. My camera is the Canon R. I don’t have any other R bodies, only an old Canon 750D, so I can’t test it on that. Anyone know what I should do?

Attachments

• 948A1078-3BCF-41B3-8A95-EBF93FD3E39B.jpeg
    948A1078-3BCF-41B3-8A95-EBF93FD3E39B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
You can see if there is a firmware update for the camera body. You can get the software to check the camera from Canon, and then it will let you know if there is an appropriate firmware you can download and install. The message is telling you that the camera doesn't recognize the lens, which makes sense, since the lens is much newer than the camera. Hope that helps. The software is called EOS Uility.

Thank you Jeff! I’ve just done the the firmware update and error message has gone, it’s working like a charm! I’m feeling more than a bit daft though, as I’ve had this camera for nearly 5 years, and my previous one several years before that, and I had no idea you could update them!

Now to go find somewhere to test drive this lens!

Thank you Jeff! I’ve just done the the firmware update and error message has gone, it’s working like a charm! I’m feeling more than a bit daft though, as I’ve had this camera for nearly 5 years, and my previous one several years before that, and I had no idea you could update them!

Now to go find somewhere to test drive this lens!
Looking forward to seeing the results!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back