Laowa 100mm Macro on Canon R6 Issue

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just took possession of the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 Ultra Macro APO lens on the Canon R mount. It's a fully manual lens, which for me is ideal for insect Macro.

Anyhow, imagine my horror when I stuck it on the R6 and the shutter refused to fire. Dodgy lens I thought but a wee bit of research solved the problem.

On the R6 (I assume it's similar on other R bodies) you need to entre the orange custom menu and go to page 4. There you'll see "Release shutter w/o lens". As the lens has no electronics on it the camera automatically thinks there is no lens attached. The default is off so you need to enable this function and Bob's yer aunty Mary.😁

Thought this might be of interest to anyone having such an issue.

I'm looking forward to getting out and using this piece of kit. Seems to be pretty decent.

I just took possession of the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 Ultra Macro APO lens on the Canon R mount. It's a fully manual lens, which for me is ideal for insect Macro.

Anyhow, imagine my horror when I stuck it on the R6 and the shutter refused to fire. Dodgy lens I thought but a wee bit of research solved the problem.

On the R6 (I assume it's similar on other R bodies) you need to entre the orange custom menu and go to page 4. There you'll see "Release shutter w/o lens". As the lens has no electronics on it the camera automatically thinks there is no lens attached. The default is off so you need to enable this function and Bob's yer aunty Mary.😁

Thought this might be of interest to anyone having such an issue.

I'm looking forward to getting out and using this piece of kit. Seems to be pretty decent.
Glad I Googled this Q now. Cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back