Fairgrounds and amusement parks

That's "Son of Beast" at Paramount King's Island in Cincinnati, Ohio. At the time, it was billed as the only wooden roller coaster with a loop in it. I shot those from a helicopter way back when with a .8 MP Sony Mavica (my first digital camera). :lol:

It was a fun ride too. I LOVE roller coasters! The bigger, the better! :thumbup:

and those long exposure shots are great too but they kinda look way too purple? did you use a filter or something?
Yeah, I had an inexpensive ND filter from Cokin on the lens that tended to color cast into magenta. Live and learn... :p

Man! Not only you were at that amazing amusement park with that awesome roller coaster but you flew over there in a helicopter :( I am so jealous now :p haha! I didn't know 0.8 mp camera ever existed course it just sounds soooo uh old? lol
Believe it or not despite my fascination for roller coasters I have only been in one like once or twice in my life, so far and they were really lame compared to that beast lol. Maybe it's because roller coasters are not as popular in Europe :(

wow! I never thought cheap filters could ruin pictures that much but couldn't you kinda change the color in Photoshop so they appear less "purpley/magnetaly" (are those even words? :D)

wow! I never thought cheap filters could ruin pictures that much but couldn't you kinda change the color in Photoshop so they appear less "purpley/magnetaly" (are those even words? :D)
Yeah, I got that magenta cast on a lot of the shots I took with those cheap NDs. The ones that were important to me, I color balanced in P'shop, but others, I just didn't really care enough about to go through the trouble. You can see more examples of that magenta cast in this waterfall thread.

Check out post 17, photos 1, 6 and 7. The rest looked like that too, but I corrected them.

Edit: Oh, and here's that old camera. I bought it when it first came out in 1998. I think I paid about $600 for it, but it was soooo cool to have a real, live digital camera! It even did movie clips! :lol:

Yeah, I got that magenta cast on a lot of the shots I took with those cheap NDs. The ones that were important to me, I color balanced in P'shop, but others, I just didn't really care enough about to go through the trouble. You can see more examples of that magenta cast in this waterfall thread.

Check out post 17, photos 1, 6 and 7. The rest looked like that too, but I corrected them.

Edit: Oh, and here's that old camera. I bought it when it first came out in 1998. I think I paid about $600 for it, but it was soooo cool to have a real, live digital camera! It even did movie clips! :lol:

Though I understand why you used that ND filter for those waterfall shots I don't really see why you had to use it for those photos of rides. I found a CP filter is usually enough for most of the long exposure shots during late afternoon.

btw cool waterfall shots! It's kinda amazing how you managed to take those in broad day light lol crappy filter or not at least they seem to be quite useful ^^

haha! That is one awesome camera! I guess too bad for me I only became interested in photography when digital cameras became a lot more sophisticated so I never had the chance to hold those stone age digitals :D though I do understand what a technological marvel it must be back then :mrgreen: lol I can almost imagine that in ten years I will be the one who tell people in this forum about those amazing Canon and Nikon dslrs we are using today :lol:

3753964601_71e631d064_o.jpg

3753965293_84e1343132_o.jpg

3754764258_42cb0c4aac_o.jpg

hahaha! I almost forgot to comment on these.
lmfao! That one looks fun! and did they actually give people who ride that thing raincoats? :D

Country fairs, love them. We live out in the country and go to several fairs through the summer. Unfortunately, haven't been to many since I've gotten into photography with my cheap equipment. Have a few shots...

DSCF6697.jpg

Aperture priority, 1/1000, f/5.6, ISO 64

DSCF6702.jpg

Aperture priority, 1/550, f/6.8, ISO 64

DSCF6698.jpg

Aperture priority, 1/210, f/14, ISO 64

My favorite of that day
DSCF6701.jpg

Aperture priority, 1/750, f/6.8, ISO 64

_MG_3063-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions