NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p107570404-4.jpg

p279867098-4.jpg

p284494190-4.jpg

Gorgeous! I love these! The bright blue sky and those fall color reflections are stunning! Nice job! :thumbup: I sent you a PM.

I feel there is too much important being put on the sky, which is a bit blah to look at in most of them.

I seem to like bits of each image.
I like the overall look / sky in #1 but I don't like the water ripples and I think it needs more saturation
I like the colours in #2 but do not like how the reflection is cut off
Love the reflection in #3 but it seems to bright / yellowy.
So... reflection in 3 + colours in 2 + sky and sharpness of 3.
:)

But yeah, CC seems to be slow in the last few weeks, unless you count the "nice" comments. :p

Gorgeous! I love these! The bright blue sky and those fall color reflections are stunning! Nice job! :thumbup: I sent you a PM.

Thank you. I appreciate your comments. I'll check my PM in a bit.

I feel there is too much important being put on the sky, which is a bit blah to look at in most of them.

I seem to like bits of each image.
I like the overall look / sky in #1 but I don't like the water ripples and I think it needs more saturation
I like the colours in #2 but do not like how the reflection is cut off
Love the reflection in #3 but it seems to bright / yellowy.
So... reflection in 3 + colours in 2 + sky and sharpness of 3.
:)

But yeah, CC seems to be slow in the last few weeks, unless you count the "nice" comments. :p

Thanks for your comments and critique. I think #1 was my favorite of these personally. However on #2, I believe I did a little bit of a crop, so I might be able to go back and re-crop to save the reflections. That's something I must have overlooked when cropping. #3, yeah, a bit bright. 3 was the only one that was a single exposure and it was extremely difficult for me to get the range all correct and together. I might be able to back off the brightness a bit (seems like I lose all detail in the shadow areas when doing that though). I'll play around a bit more with your suggestions tonight when I get home.

Oh, and I agree about too much sky, but the other option was too much water which looked just as blah in my opinion. I have one that I haven't edited yet that has more water and less sky....I'll try to get it edited to compare.

I like all of these images, the only problem that sticks out at me is the fact that the colors on the final image look a little fake, maybe you brightened them up just tad much, otherwise these images look great.

I find the last one is the best, but as bigtwinky said about the sky, if the sky in the first was in the last picture it would be gorgeous, but I disagree with him about the brightness-yellow-ness of the third I find it just perfect.

I find the last one is the best, but as bigtwinky said about the sky, if the sky in the first was in the last picture it would be gorgeous, but I disagree with him about the brightness-yellow-ness of the third I find it just perfect.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, good input, and thanks.

Were these HDR or Tonal Mapped?

The first two are HDR and tonemapped. 3 exposures each I believe. The last one is none of the above...just a single exposure with a good bit of time in Capture NX2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back