Family stroll

audiobomber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
goosefamilystrollgk4.jpg

Great capture. How close were you? Did they attack? Thanks for posting.

Thanks Mia. No, these didn't attack, but I was mugged another time in broad daylight in a city park by a flock of Canada geese. They took my popcorn.

The shot was taken at 300mm focal length. I didn't want to get too close and disturb them.

Nice get! I had some geese around here for a while and tried a few times to get a shot like that, but I was always a little late to dinner.

Well done :)

Nice get! I had some geese around here for a while and tried a few times to get a shot like that, but I was always a little late to dinner.

Well done :)

Thanks Dmitri. "Late to dinner" is apropos, because that's where they were headed, to a little meadow beside a stream to dine on some grass. :wink:

Last edited:
Awesome shot! I like everything about it!

Good job! :thumbup:

Awesome shot! I like everything about it!

Good job! :thumbup:

Thanks Bifurcator. I appreciate the compliment. I post the odd photo here because this site has the toughest and most knowledgeble critics. I guess I got it right this time. :D

I shot at ISO 800, so there's a bit of noise, but it doesn't seem intrusive, or maybe it adds to the texture of the photo. I only notice it when I pixel peep.

This is fabulous, great colours, its captured the protective attitude of the parents and the vunrebility of the youngsters superbly. !!

Dean

This is fabulous, great colours, its captured the protective attitude of the parents and the vunrebility of the youngsters superbly. !!

Dean

Thanks Dean.

You're right, the parents were hyper-vigilant. The camera was making them nervous, so I took a couple of shots at maximum range and moved on.

Most reactions

Back