Favorite TPF photog (another hugz thread!)

We all have people whose work we especially admire, whether we plan on trying to emulate it or not. I fail to see how a thread like this can point to an entire "inner circle", when so many different names are posted, with so many different styles represented.

If you don't like threads like this, just stay out of them. No one starts a complimentary thread with the hidden intention of making anyone feel like an "outsider". The open welcomes, and friendliness of this forum, points to the exact opposite.

It simply takes a while for members to post enough of their stuff to demonstrate a style, or a special talent. It's not hard to appreciate that the members who have been here longer have had more time to do that, is it?

So lighten up, guys! :heart: No harm is intended! :D

terri said:
We all have people whose work we especially admire, whether we plan on trying to emulate it or not. I fail to see how a thread like this can point to an entire "inner circle", when so many different names are posted, with so many different styles represented.

If you don't like threads like this, just stay out of them. No one starts a complimentary thread with the hidden intention of making anyone feel like an "outsider". The open welcomes, and friendliness of this forum, points to the exact opposite.

It simply takes a while for members to post enough of their stuff to demonstrate a style, or a special talent. It's not hard to appreciate that the members who have been here longer have had more time to do that, is it?

So lighten up, guys! :heart: No harm is intended! :D

Well said!!!! (how come other people can always articulate what is in MY head, but I can't?)

core_17 said:
Well said!!!! (how come other people can always articulate what is in MY head, but I can't?)
I'd say it was only because I can type faster than you, but you have proven me wrong there, girl!! :hail:

Signed, 45 wpm on a GOOD day! :lol:

mountainlander said:
LOL, told you I was crabby.
No harm, no foul. :hug::

So...does that mean that *I* am your #1? :sexywink:

I'M KIDDING!! Matt, don't come and hurt me now! :lol:

JonMikal said:
i get inspiration from most any TPF member posting.

Ditto! I find great inspiration from all posts on TPF and look at as many as I can. TPF has really inspired me to push myself and learn more.

Eric

too many to list...however I do look at some before others, just in case I run out of time, but I try and look at as many as possible. Everyone has their own unique style, but I do have some favs, just too many to post, I think most of them know who they are anyway ;)

holy crap! Canon_Fan? Do you know what you did? You mentioned me!!! yay! hooray:)

well my list is quite long:
Vonnagy
Core
MD
Airic
Arti
Santino
Canon_Fan
Digital Matt
Malachite
Anua
Little Man
Jon Mikal
Cruzin
Scott WRG
Shark! (WSP?) White Shark .... something...
Hertz
LaFoto
eromallagadnama
photogoddess
sorry if I missed somebody :p

Mountainlander...Full credit to you mate. As soon as i saw this thread i intended on posting something similar. There's nothing wrong with telling someone you like there work but when people start this sort of thread it annoys the hell out of me. Personally i don't care what others think of my shots, it's my hobby and i do it because i enjoy it. Grrrrrr I'm too annoyed to type what i want in here so i'll just say this.....READ MY NEXT TOPIC POST!

JonMikal
AIRIC
Digital Matt
Vonnagy
Canoncan

just listing my top 5 :)

geesh i can't wait until school is over so I can get back to posting more here... oh well, here's my one post for the next day or two :lol:

im absolutely honoured to be mentioned here- the truth is i thought that i was forgotten at all, ha ha - i havent posted anything for such a long time-:)hope it wont last long, busy times - i just need some time to get along (? is that a word?) with everything - thank you all so much!-:)

i have my own, favs private list here, ha ha - but so many new, tallented people are here - i think i need some time to look around now, ha ha

mountainlander said:
[crabby stressed out]

Man, I really hate threads like this.

I like that this is a place where people can come and share their images. I've learned something from nearly every image posted--mostly that I still have a lot to learn.

But I don't like that we make people feel like they aren't on the inner circle--take a look at the lists above--pretty homogenous, and mostly people that have been around awhile.

Maybe we should start an outsiders forum?

Sorry for the crankiness. I'm operating on very little sleep, and a whole lot of stress. Just rubbed me wrong.
[/crabby stressed out]

That said, Airic, your close up of your sleeping child's face took my breath completely away--which doesn't happen very often at all. Truly amazing.

::::Edit:::: Core, MDowdey, you guys are too quick for me! LOL!

Oww dude...hate to make you feel like an outsider...I feel mean...but no one is an outsider...im just very forgetfull..and tbh im very picky with my pics...it takes alot of good pics for people to reach my list (perhaps im a bit too picky) so newer members dont have a chance.

As for MD's post...I bet your fav is !!!aaa!!! pics....him with 0 posts n all :p

anua said:
im absolutely honoured to be mentioned here- the truth is i thought that i was forgotten at all, ha ha - i havent posted anything for such a long time-:)hope it wont last long, busy times - i just need some time to get along (? is that a word?) with everything - thank you all so much!-:)

i have my own, favs private list here, ha ha - but so many new, tallented people are here - i think i need some time to look around now, ha ha

Anua,

I'm on severe withdrawals from your posts. They are all so wonderful and creative I open them as soon as I see them. I sure hope you have time soon to post as I find your work very inspirational.

Eric

Lets see, my favorite members, in no particular order:

Ferny
Digital Matt
Mentos
LaFoto
JonMikal
Artemis
Canon[F/C]an (both)
Airic
Unimaxium
Scott WRG
Jadin
And the many others I'm forgetting...

* no I'm not really on my fav menbers list, I was just testing if you're paying attention :p

Most reactions