Fed up with this

I wish some of you would realize that those who work in call centers, or at least the ones who you're gonna talk on the phone with, are people too and they're in that job to try to earn money to live by.

Indeed, but since when did being a person give you the right to friendliness and respect when you're calling someone out the blue to sell them a product they didn't ask for?

If I want something, I'll go looking for it, and that means I'll possibly go to you. What I don't want is you phoning me up, taking up my time to sell me a product you think I might be interested in.

If, after I ask them up front what they're offering, they act like they're trying to hide something, then they forfeit all right to not be moaned at or treated like dirt.

Everyone has to make money somehow, but when you do it through cold-calling, you don't earn immunity from angriness.

That said, I'm never unfriendly to people on the phone. I will simply say I'm not interested, wait for their response, then hang up.

Yeah, since I am on the do not call list, I don't receive these anymore and haven't in years. :)

Indeed, but since when did being a person give you the right to friendliness and respect when you're calling someone out the blue to sell them a product they didn't ask for?

If I want something, I'll go looking for it, and that means I'll possibly go to you. What I don't want is you phoning me up, taking up my time to sell me a product you think I might be interested in.

If, after I ask them up front what they're offering, they act like they're trying to hide something, then they forfeit all right to not be moaned at or treated like dirt.

Everyone has to make money somehow, but when you do it through cold-calling, you don't earn immunity from angriness.

That said, I'm never unfriendly to people on the phone. I will simply say I'm not interested, wait for their response, then hang up.

Ditto....if I want something I will go get it. I have never bought anything on the phone.

Not really sure "Do not call list" works too well. Or some companies do not follow it.

If they are going to waste my time with stupid calls @ dinner time, I'm going to sit there for however many minutes and agree and "yes, great idea" everything they say ... until they ask for payment or whatever, then I ask them for company name and their supervisor, then remind them that they can get fined for calling someone on that stupid list. At this point they will always hang up on me. But they have wasted 10-15 mins of their time. Time is money for sales, and if they want to waste my time, least I can do is waste their's.

Getting pissed at them doesn't work because they just hang up ... spending their time without payback (your contract) will be a concern. Hit them where it hurts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back