few shots from today cc please

RPetterson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it was cloudy out and started to rain so it made it even harder... I had a hard time with iso and trying to get it adjusted just right.. would love you imput.

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

I like them. Im not a pro but Ill give you my 2 cents.

For me photography tells a story. Her facial expression looks like something that she would use anywhere anytime. (Beautiful girl though). Sitting on railroad tracks gives the element of danger, You could have added a lot more depth by having her expression be one of anxiety, fear, " I shouldnt be here" kind of thing. Make the photos say something to the viewer.

Pic 2 would be great if you were lower and saw more of the tracks behind her trailing off way in the distance with a blurred background.

As far as exposure, lighting etc, I think you did well in my novice opinion.

#1 is soft.

#2 is ok, I don't like the position of her legs and feet. Her whole posture just looks cramped and she does not look comfortable.

#3 is better, but I don't like the position of her hands. I would have had her unfold the hand resting on her leg and put her other hand above her bicep instead of tucking it halfway under.

Pretty subject though. Is that a ring/piercing on her left eye? I can't quite tell.

yes it is a piercing in her eye brow :) thanks for the imput.. I will try that next time we are going to shoot more next week :)

#1, cute expression, too soft for my flavor. background is also too dark for my flavor (I try to keep about under stop difference b/n foreground and background)
#2 I like the filter, BUT her face is JUST OVEREXPOSED. There's no tonality of color in it, its just plane/flat lit. see if you can boost the contrast maybe or reprocesses it to minimise this FACE-isolation (if you want to :)
#3 it's #2 with theface again :).

Something to keep in mind, at least my preference. Pay close attn to your background and distance b/n the background and the subject. For example #2,3 were shot at ISO 100, 5.6, 1/160sec. B/c of the camera's distance to the subject and how much you filled the frame in #2 you isolated her from the background much nicer then it was done with same settings in #3. Thus either open up a bit when coming so close, OR MY LEAST favorite, fix it in PP :)

1. The fill flash you used to light her face did more harm than it did good. You should try bringing your exposure compensation down and giving that a shot.

2. I think this may be the best of the bunch. I don't really know if the flash was necessary, and I am not a fan of the dark sepia. But in terms of over all image quality this was probably your best.

3. The fill flash plagued this shot too. I think you should try using some kind of diffusing method. For example, today I rubber banded one of my business cards to the extrusion where the canon logo is printed and bent it up slightly and used it to bounce/diffuse my flash. It really did work great, I was really surprised how much of a difference it made.

No flash, shot at f/ 1.4.
15861_215716756911_500091911_3035109_3971474_n.jpg

And this one using flash diffused w/ a business card

15861_215716766911_500091911_3035110_6413669_n.jpg

Of course, facebook killed the quality. But you see what I am getting at.

Most reactions

Back