Few Suggestions

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been thinking of a few things lately and thought I'd post these ideas and get some feedback.

1. Is it possible to have the due date for the contests bumped up...say due on the 23, voting starts on the 24th...and then runs through the end of the month. Many other forums run their contests this way and it seems to work well. It's not really anything that takes away from the forum, but it's sort of like a March/April contest...then April/May this way IMO.

2. What about a photo of the week type contest, not for prizes or anything, but maybe in the themes section. Maybe a topic could be given, and then we go out and shoot new pics and post them. After a week we can vote and see who wins...sort of like a photo assignment type thingy. Maybe one week out of the month it could be open for any picture of anything, wouldn't have to be recent even. I've seen this done on other forums as well, and it sort of encourages us to get out and shoot. Sort of like the photoshop challenge encouraging us to edit more...

Thanks for reading :)

I can't comment on the first but I like the second idea. Over at another forum I know of the admin's pic photographs from the forums (it used to be just the critique ones but it's "normal" ones as well now I think) and then set up a vote for the users to pick the best one. That is a monthly thing. I do like the idea of just admins picking a photograph and then talking about it in private and saying afterwards "we like this one". A weelky thing seems a lot of work for polls and users voting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back