Field of the Windmill

Wow, my jaw is on the floor! Beautiful shot, composition, post-processing. I, for one, am thrilled you pulled over and had your camera and tripod handy.

If you don't mind me asking.....which of the three lenses in your sig did you use in this shot?

Wow, my jaw is on the floor! Beautiful shot, composition, post-processing. I, for one, am thrilled you pulled over and had your camera and tripod handy.

Thank you Anti! I dont think anyone has ever said that about one of my photos before. You just made my day! :D I am so grateful for the kind words.

If you don't mind me asking.....which of the three lenses in your sig did you use in this shot?

The widest angle possible, which would be the 18-55mm. Its not the sharpest of the bunch, but there is nothing wrong with it, and it does the job. ;) Now, if I had a 10-22mm canon or sigma (I think that is 10-20mm), I would use that in a heartbeat. Thats next on my list for lenses. In any event, Im a firm believer in technique over sharpness, but a sharp lens definitely helps. :) Thanks for asking.

Thank you so much for your answer. You and your awesome picture just convinced me that I should get both the kit lens (for general shooting) and the 50mm f/1.8 (for portraits of our son) when I order my Rebel XT. I've been mixed between which one and after seeing your photo I'm convinced that I'd be better off with both for such a small price diference.

Thanks again. You are very inspiring to take such an amazing picture with the mere "kit" lens.

Very well done!

Thank you Anti! I dont think anyone has ever said that about one of my photos before. You just made my day! :D I am so grateful for the kind words.

The widest angle possible, which would be the 18-55mm. Its not the sharpest of the bunch, but there is nothing wrong with it, and it does the job. ;) Now, if I had a 10-22mm canon or sigma (I think that is 10-20mm), I would use that in a heartbeat. Thats next on my list for lenses. In any event, Im a firm believer in technique over sharpness, but a sharp lens definitely helps. :) Thanks for asking.

I'd like to get my hands on the Sigma 10-20 as well. It's on my Christmas list.

This picture captures my imagination and brings back memories of Kansas and Iowa while out chasing storms.

Nicely Done!

Wow. Impressive composition and lighting. Love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back