Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
j61v90.jpg

vem060.jpg

whd7k6.jpg

33a5f91.jpg

20iifmf.jpg

Great shots. I love the last one, so close to life, really beautiful work :thumbup: :thumbup:

And welcome to the forum :)

Nice shots! I would clone out the power lines and level the second shot. With that done it would be my favorite.

Thank you. I am just learning more about photography so please be critical!! I really want to learn more and more and more!

Thanks guys.

@Rally...I do not yet know how to clone things like that. Reading up on it though! Thank you.

There is a tool in new Photoshop CS5 that will do all the cloneing for you. And leveling is very easy in it too.

Next time,try to align your camera to horizon right on place. It's not always horizon,but you get my drift.

Thanks iArt...I will check that out.

@dancing....It was her toy monkey. That thing sure was freaky!

#2 is a good concept, but I don't think it is worth the time and effort to clone out the powerlines. You'd also have to clone out the poles, then, otherwise it'd look weird. And the houses on the hill would probably have to go, too, if we're being so nitpicky.

A vastly better idea is to put the subject closer to the camera (larger in the frame), shoot with a low f/number so the background is blurred. The mountain is not interesting; it is just a lump of brown, with barely recognizable features. Also consider using some sort of filter to give the clouds more definition and contrast.

#2 is a good concept, but I don't think it is worth the time and effort to clone out the powerlines. You'd also have to clone out the poles, then, otherwise it'd look weird. And the houses on the hill would probably have to go, too, if we're being so nitpicky.

A vastly better idea is to put the subject closer to the camera (larger in the frame), shoot with a low f/number so the background is blurred. The mountain is not interesting; it is just a lump of brown, with barely recognizable features. Also consider using some sort of filter to give the clouds more definition and contrast.

Good call on DOF. I tried to mimic that in post and it came out fairly decent for a 2 minute attempt. I'll post with the OP's permission.

I am just learning more about photography so please be critical!!

OK, here goes ...

One thing you'd probably want to master is the composition. The third image is a classic example where you could have done things way better.

When you have something that potentially can move, e.g. a person (or an animal, a vehicle, etc), you want to give some room to the person in front of her in the direction of her movement. This gives the picture a purpose, sets the scene, attracts the viewer's attention.

If the girl on the third image was facing to the right the composition would be perfect. If the open space that's behind her back was in front of her, the picture would be much better.

Exactly the same with the first picture, unnecessary space behind, if you gave her that space in front it would be much better.

So in simple words - if it moves or it looks in one direction, give it some room in that direction.

The second picture is good, just three points:
- learn how to clone out things, the power lines and power pole must go
- the picture is leaking to the right (it's leaning to the right)
- the third is not a criticism, maybe rather a suggestion - get on your knee and always take the subject from their eye's height. This is particularly important with kids.

Despite all of this, I liked your pictures, I really did. The comments are just something that might help you get better with time. I'm sure you will.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back