Fight Club - Round 103: Results are in!

Fight Club

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Check out the new schedule here.

This round is closed, and ready for your votes! Next round begins on Friday.

Vote in This Format said:
1. [Topic] - [User]
2. [Topic] - [User]
3. [Topic] - [User]
4. How many posts? - LaFoto
5. Let's not talk about that - Fight Club

Without further Ado, the photos!

1. Cheer
OrionsByte
DSC_0685.jpg

point-&-shoot
5288775546_a812ffbe1e_b.jpg

LivinMoore
IMG_0506.jpg

2. Too much cheer
OrionsByte
DSC_0716.jpg

point-&-shoot
5288172889_fdf3e95110_b.jpg

LivinMoore
IMG_0493.jpg

3. Cold
OrionsByte
DSC_0691.jpg

point-&-shoot
5288173419_57f1e5ec46_b.jpg

4. Satisfying
OrionsByte
DSC_0706.jpg

point-&-shoot
5288173235_fc8ddab857_b.jpg

LivinMoore
IMG_0451.jpg

5. Crazy
OrionsByte
DSC_0692.jpg

point-&-shoot
5288173777_306f377356_b.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone else put an entry in this week?

I am hoping to try this out.....but holidays are making time a precious commodity this week.

[EDIT] - Well i tried but stopped when I realized I have some really poor lighting conditions. I either need to do all the shots in daylight or get myself a flash system (which I know nothing about).

Last edited:
I am trying this for the first time. Will I be DQ'ed if I only got 3 of 5 sent? When trying to upload the other two to photobucket it kept saying the upload failed due to a network problem--and being as I was already pressed for time and getting down to the minute I sent the three I had.

I am trying this for the first time. Will I be DQ'ed if I only got 3 of 5 sent? When trying to upload the other two to photobucket it kept saying the upload failed due to a network problem--and being as I was already pressed for time and getting down to the minute I sent the three I had.

You won't be disqualified, you just won't have entries for those categories. I had that happen to me the first time I played too; if you can get the last two uploaded and PM the links to FightClub or clarinetJWD maybe Joe will find it in his heart to let them in anyways. :)

Things have been slow for Fight Club for the past few weeks, probably mostly due to the holidays. Hopefully we'll see it pick back up soon.

Thanks for the reply! I'm a pretty stick to the rules person so I will take my lesson learned the hard way--GET EM DONE SOONER!! Then when they are fighting to upload and the internet is being silly I will have time to putz around with it. This is definitely fun though and much harder than it sounds to do!

This looks like a hoot! I am going to follow it. :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply! I'm a pretty stick to the rules person so I will take my lesson learned the hard way--GET EM DONE SOONER!! Then when they are fighting to upload and the internet is being silly I will have time to putz around with it. This is definitely fun though and much harder than it sounds to do!

What resolution were you uploading the photos at? I've never used Photobucket so I don't know if they have an option to resize before uploading, but that's what I do with Picasa - since it's only going to display at 800 pixels anyways (the biggest external link option via Picasa), there's no point in uploading a full res photo; it just takes too long. If Photobucket doesn't do it for you, make the last step of your editing a quick resize so you can reduce the file size and reduce upload times.

But yeah, generally speaking, I usually try to finish taking pictures within 40 minutes, which leaves about 10-15 minutes for editing and 5-10 minutes for uploading and posting.

This looks like a hoot! I am going to follow it. :thumbup:

It's a lot of fun! You still have time to try this week if you want - you should have until Thursday evening. It's a great way to stretch your creativity and hone your skills!

What resolution were you uploading the photos at? I've never used Photobucket so I don't know if they have an option to resize before uploading, but that's what I do with Picasa - since it's only going to display at 800 pixels anyways (the biggest external link option via Picasa), there's no point in uploading a full res photo; it just takes too long. If Photobucket doesn't do it for you, make the last step of your editing a quick resize so you can reduce the file size and reduce upload times.

But yeah, generally speaking, I usually try to finish taking pictures within 40 minutes, which leaves about 10-15 minutes for editing and 5-10 minutes for uploading and posting.

I think that was my problem--trying to upload them too large. I might switch to Picasa. It seems a lot of people here use it and have positive things to say. I definitely think that time line would be better..now to get faster AND better at the pictures. I like a challenge :)

Hey, sorry for the silence recently. Between Christmas in Michigan and moving back to Houston, I've been pretty hard pressed to find any FC time. Next week once I'm home, I'll have a new round, but with the holidays and all this stuff, you'll have to make do.

No problem Joe! :)

Are we gonna nix this round or just leave it open until next week?

No problem Joe! :)

Are we gonna nix this round or just leave it open until next week?

I hope we don't. Ive been trying to play for almost a 2 months. I never seem to have a whole hour to myself now that Ive had my first son. this is the first time I was able to actually take the photos and get everything done in the provided time frame.

Most reactions

Back