Fight Club - Round 154: Results are in!

1 miss SquidHC
2 travel the_pearl_poet
3 water SquidHC
4 hold the_pear_poet
5 Crimson PinkDoor

A couple of these categories were tough selections. If I were to re-vote tomorrow, my selections might be completely different.

(And, for the record, note that I didn't vote for myself. :-}

1. Miss- SquidHC
2. Travel- SquidHC
3. Water- Ernicus
4. Hold- divemaster
5. Crimson- Pinkdoor

1 (miss) PinkDoor
2 (travel) the_pearl_poet
3 (water) PinkDoor (next time kill the noise bad lady)
4 (hold) SquidHC
5 (Crimson) divemaster

A sudden urge for wine is not a visitor, it's a decision. ;-)

1. Miss-SquidHC
2. Travel-PinkDoor
3. Water-SquidHC
4. Hold-PinkDoor
5. Crimson-SquidHC

Last edited:
1 Miss- SquidHC
2 Travel- rlemert
3 Water- SquidHC
4 Hold- the_pearl_poet
5 Crimson- the_pearl_poet

OK, so now that I'm sitting down, and the FC website is working again... I see we don't have a lot of players. Let's do this for one more week. New round Monday!

Results!

In first place this week is SquidHC with 12 votes!

Coming in second place is the_pearl_poet with 10 votes

And in third place, PinkDoor with 8 votes

The Categories:
1. Miss - SquidHC (6 votes)
2. Travel - the_pearl_poet (4 votes)
3. Water - SquidHC (3 votes)
4. Hold - the_pearl_poet (3 votes)
5. Crimson - divemaster, PinkDoor, and the_pearl_poet (2 votes)

Top 20:
1. Chiller - 105.22
2. PixelRabbit - 105
3. FtWorthPhotog - 102.87
4. JWellman - 98.41
5. FocusDave - 95.93
6. bentcountershaft - 94.65
7. OrionsByte - 87.94
8. Chris of Arabia - 87.75
9. photomagic123 - 86.99
10. Clawed - 86.94
11. mishele - 86.86
12. O|||||||O - 85.34
13. xsSami - 84.52
14. Wheels47130 - 83.33
15. misstwinklytoes - 82.6
16. leighthal - 82.23
17. laleemcc - 80
18. TCD Photography - 76.53
19. chann - 75
20. PinkDoor - 74.08

clarinetJWD said:
Alright, so I just tallied up the scores, and I just wanted to make sure this is clear:

We had a lot of people voting with very, very few posts on the forum (a couple only made this 1 post). I am not calling anyone out, but I do want to say that in order to ensure that the results are not skewed unfairly, I did not count (and this goes for other rounds as well) any votes from people with both fewer than 50 posts on the forum and who did not play any round of Fight Club. For what it's worth, it would not have changed the overall ordering of this week's winners.

After reading your post several times and sleeping on it....

Oddly, I do feel that I have been called out since I have never seen a disclaimer on any other round (in my limited experience with FC). It is kind of like a an asterisk by my name. I looked back and of the 13 voters there are three that would be a no count. I do know one of them personally but I did not solicit her vote. She is the person that introduced me to TPF last year. she did not vote in my first round even though she visited that thread. I was not expecting her to vote this time either because she had never posted once in an entire year. Proceeding on, this is not what I would consider as "a lot" of people.

Let's review the noob voters:

I [TrumzoMZ]: Played round 156 prior to voting in 155. (Valid votes)
I [Lionheart Ivan]: joined less than a month ago.
I [ele89869]: voted in previous rounds where his/her votes
I were counted. I do not think you were back though
I and Brian may not have known of the noob ban since
I ele89 specifically asked if you had to play to vote.
II She was told that anyone can vote.
II [tracydianeoh]: I know her. I actually placed her on
III TPF last year as a sleeper voter that I would
IIIII unleash onto the innocent masses of FC at the
IIIIIIII precise moment to ensure my plans for
IIIIIIIIIII total domination .... BWAHAAHAAAHAA.
IIII
II
IIIIIIII BTW, you counted a non-player/noob in round 154 (divemaster).
(^^^ Sarcasm Meter (TM))

For what its worth, in my opinion the rule to drop the noob votes is an excellent rule. I prefer to get votes from the seasoned members since I see their work and I value their opinions. With a noob we do not yet know if they are a skilled photographer or whether they are yet to realize that the dial can be turned away from the green square. I had voted several times as a noob on FC not knowing my vote was being excluded. I think FC draws in the noobs because it is something they can immediately participate in and voting is always fun.

Anywho… welcome back and thanks for your time and effort in maintaining the FC. It is good fun and always a challenge and I look forward to playing again.

If you are viewing my previous post on a smartphone it will make more sense in a landscape orientation.

clarinetJWD said:
Alright, so I just tallied up the scores, and I just wanted to make sure this is clear:

We had a lot of people voting with very, very few posts on the forum (a couple only made this 1 post). I am not calling anyone out, but I do want to say that in order to ensure that the results are not skewed unfairly, I did not count (and this goes for other rounds as well) any votes from people with both fewer than 50 posts on the forum and who did not play any round of Fight Club. For what it's worth, it would not have changed the overall ordering of this week's winners.

After reading your post several times and sleeping on it....

Oddly, I do feel that I have been called out since I have never seen a disclaimer on any other round (in my limited experience with FC). It is kind of like a an asterisk by my name. I looked back and of the 13 voters there are three that would be a no count. I do know one of them personally but I did not solicit her vote. She is the person that introduced me to TPF last year. she did not vote in my first round even though she visited that thread. I was not expecting her to vote this time either because she had never posted once in an entire year. Proceeding on, this is not what I would consider as "a lot" of people.

Let's review the noob voters:

I [TrumzoMZ]: Played round 156 prior to voting in 155. (Valid votes)
I [Lionheart Ivan]: joined less than a month ago.
I [ele89869]: voted in previous rounds where his/her votes
I were counted. I do not think you were back though
I and Brian may not have known of the noob ban since
I ele89 specifically asked if you had to play to vote.
II She was told that anyone can vote.
II [tracydianeoh]: I know her. I actually placed her on
III TPF last year as a sleeper voter that I would
IIIII unleash onto the innocent masses of FC at the
IIIIIIII precise moment to ensure my plans for
IIIIIIIIIII total domination .... BWAHAAHAAAHAA.
IIII
II
IIIIIIII BTW, you counted a non-player/noob in round 154 (divemaster).
(^^^ Sarcasm Meter (TM))

For what its worth, in my opinion the rule to drop the noob votes is an excellent rule. I prefer to get votes from the seasoned members since I see their work and I value their opinions. With a noob we do not yet know if they are a skilled photographer or whether they are yet to realize that the dial can be turned away from the green square. I had voted several times as a noob on FC not knowing my vote was being excluded. I think FC draws in the noobs because it is something they can immediately participate in and voting is always fun.

Anywho… welcome back and thanks for your time and effort in maintaining the FC. It is good fun and always a challenge and I look forward to playing again.

I'm completely confused... So, since I do not have 50 or more posts, I can't contribute my .02 to FC? Honestly, why would it matter...are we playing for prizes or money... or just bragging rights and the ability to gain insight on our photos? I spend a ton of time on this forum (granted, I found this forum in July), and contribute where I can, but I mostly lurk.

Whether you are a noob or a seasoned pro...if my picture(s) are liked/voted for whatever reason, I will always be flattered!

Just my (uncounted) .02...

1. It's fun to vote and play.
2. I see no reason to exclude anyone from voting.
3. There are a lot of new members that are very skilled and experienced photographers!
4. It's not like FC has to many voters or players to manage. A new voter is a future player.
5. Seems kinda snobbish to draw a line and say only those with 50 or more posts get to vote here.
6. So what if a new member votes for the worst photo there is. It's just for fun...............:D.

Most reactions

Back