Final Showing Set?

I love the set. Though I gotta agree the purple image is a little heavy as compared to the rest of the images.

Thanks so much for your thoughts Sharon and Vince. My last effort to make it fit would be to add in a water abstract but it feels kinda like cheating because it wasn't taken from the car but it adds a bookend to the vibrancy....

This whole curating my own work just simply hurts my brain! Argh!

IMG_2729-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Very cool Vince! Fun isn't it ;)

Nice set. My fav is number 10 and least fav is number 4. Hope all goes well, must be exciting!!

Well I made some changes and these 6 went in for printing (Poplars is already printed), I feel pretty good about the set and can't wait to see them! Ultimately I made the decision for Purple Chaos to stay, there is just "something" about it that trumps that it stands out a bit from the rest.

I appreciate everyone's help! I was trying to figure this out for a long time and your input helped me with the final cuts that I just couldn't figure out!

This is in order of how they will be hung

Fenceline12x12-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

In the Field12x12-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Deep Woods2wrap-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Poplars by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Autumn Fire1-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

IMG_204511x14-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Purple Chaos12x12-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

I love them all. I hope you get some great sales and recognition from this show! Good luck!

Lovely work. I'm so excited for you. Good luck on your show.

Thanks so much you two! It feels good to finally have them in for printing so I have something to hang come the 1st!

Hi Pix this might come a little late but would you consider slotting the water motion image just before Purple Chaos? This might ease the colour transition to a deep magenta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say "Good Luck"! I love those movement images. If this show is anything like the local ones I've been to, you'll certainly be the only one there with this distinctive style.

Very strong set, Judi. Snap us a pic from the exhibition to let us know how it looks. I'm excited for you! Don't forget to print the business cards...

These are so unique and beautiful. I've never really seen anything like this done so well (to my eye). "In the Field" and "Weeping Willow" are my absolute favourites.

Hi Pix this might come a little late but would you consider slotting the water motion image just before Purple Chaos? This might ease the colour transition to a deep magenta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a little time left to add/take away. I may sneak the water in but first I'm looking at getting Fenceline and Purple Chaos (and the water one) done on metal elsewhere since they don't do metal (booo!) I'll likely get the water printed juuuuust in case if I can get them done in time!
Just wanted to say "Good Luck"! I love those movement images. If this show is anything like the local ones I've been to, you'll certainly be the only one there with this distinctive style.
Thanks so much!! Actually this is just me being shown, nobody else to take the pressure off a little ;) lol
Very strong set, Judi. Snap us a pic from the exhibition to let us know how it looks. I'm excited for you! Don't forget to print the business cards...
Thanks Paul! I'll definitely get some pictures once it's all hung (need a wide angle lens to make it happen I think) Business cards are today's task... and writing the bio and info on the Fine Art in Motion set.... and the tags for each image... ugh!
These are so unique and beautiful. I've never really seen anything like this done so well (to my eye). "In the Field" and "Weeping Willow" are my absolute favourites.

Aw thanks so much Hon! <3

Most reactions

Back