FINALLY got my SLR

iflynething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally was able to get my D80 w/ 18-135. Since I work for Wolf Camera (at least that's what they are in the southeast and also known as Ritz), I was able to get it pretty inexpensive.

I got it August 15 and am going on 4,000 shots. Probably kept 3,000 or so of them.

I am loving every minute this thing and it's the best $1,000 I've spent :)

I am learning so much about this thing and don't know if I'll ever find out all I can.

Anything interesting that it does that you think is neat? I found out about the multiple exposures and am liking that.

My next lenses will be:

60mm Macro
70-300 VR
Tamron 200-500 f/4 (for going to airshows)

Probably get the 60 Macro first. I love close-ups

Thanks

~Michael~

I'll try to get up some pictures I've taken with it when I can

Congrats on your new camera, now let's see some photos! :)

congratulations :)

4000? that took quite a while for me to get that many exposures! But then again I come from the film world, where things were more expensive ;)

Well I do shoot alot and I have a little L4 that I have 17,000+ exposures on. Now I haven't kept that many but that's how many i've taken. I have always shot digital but I"m glad I do because I SERIOUSLY couldn't afford film processing. Ya can't miss something you never had though......

I'm really liking the D80 so far. I just need a faster lens and MORE REACH!! That 18-135 is pretty good for now, but I shoot alot of planes at airshows so I really like that 200-500.

I'm also looking at the Sigma 70-200 2.8. I can get a pretty good pice from Wolf and put a 2x on it, have a 140-400 and STILL a f/4 lens. Sounds pretty good, but for fast lens, you pay the price.

Anyways, I will get some pictures uploaded tonight to show ya what I've accomplished.....I need a flash...... :)

~Michael~

I would love to see some of your shots.

One thing, is there a way I can upload the pictures and not have to use Flickr or other uploading places?

~Michael~

Grats on the camera, the D80s are nice cameras from what ive been told.

Most reactions

Back