Finally got some xanthin gum

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did I spell that right? hmm....

Anyways, I finally ordered some xanthin gum to see how it would change up my water drops. It didn't change it as much as I thought it would actually. Perhaps I need to mess with the amount. I used 2 cups water here, to 1/4 tsp gum. I played around with water/XG solution combinations, but I wish I made notes on which shots were which!

I was trying to compare the DOF between my crop sensor and so there are two different cameras at play here. All images are heavily cropped to my liking. ;-)

C&C always appreciated!
15907821921_9015935f24_c.jpg

15290141523_63b63e59e6_c.jpg

15724374347_cf81f4a0a5_c.jpg

going non-newtonian on us then? :bouncingsmileys:

Love these!

These are very nice Jazzie. The 1st two look a touch dark though (uncalibrated monito here).

These are very nice Jazzie. The 1st two look a touch dark though (uncalibrated monito here).
Hmm... they may look a touch dark, but I was going for a "galaxy" sort of theme with the background and black pan. So they were definitely darker than usual. They dont look TOO dark on my screen. (also uncalibrated) Does anyone with a calibrated monitor care to chime in for me?!

That's a cool patern around the left side of the crater in the third one. What do you think that's from?
think? Oh, I know, and its bothered me the whole time! The book I used for a background is spiral bound. I moved the book over in other shots to avoid it. ;-)

The mystery of it was so much better. I thought it was some naturally occurring phenomenon caused by the refraction of the water.

Did I spell that right? hmm....

Anyways, I finally ordered some xanthin gum to see how it would change up my water drops. It didn't change it as much as I thought it would actually. Perhaps I need to mess with the amount. I used 2 cups water here, to 1/4 tsp gum. I played around with water/XG solution combinations, but I wish I made notes on which shots were which!

I was trying to compare the DOF between my crop sensor and so there are two different cameras at play here. All images are heavily cropped to my liking. ;-)

C&C always appreciated!
15907821921_9015935f24_c.jpg

15290141523_63b63e59e6_c.jpg

15724374347_cf81f4a0a5_c.jpg
Really nice shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back