Finding time

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone else have trouble finding time to take photographs?

I spent all week planning on what I was going to go out and take photos of over the easter weekend, and then found myself doing painting and decorating and staying in looking after my girlfriend who was feeling ill.

hahah im usually home around 4 or 5 every day so i can pretty much go out and take pictures whenever it strikes me =P

I get two days off work a week and they are the days I try to take photos, but the weather just sucks when I'm off work. That and the fact I can't stand taking photos on my own

I've been wanting to do a few sunset pics down a particular ocean beach near here which involves a bit of a walk to get to but my 2yo has decided she's not having naps during the day the last week or so and so she crashes out earlier now which means each time we've gone to go there she's fallen asleep not long before we go to leave or fallen asleep in the car on the way LOL

I spose with small children it is hard getting the time - or the opportunity to take pics a bit (especially when you're holding onto them to stop them running off lol)

I find it hard to get free time to take outside pictures. I work a wacky 12 hour shift so there is little to motivation to get out somewhere other then just around my house after work. But I am screwing around with some macro stuff lately so being home isn't all that bad at the moment.

Photography really gets in the way of my drinking, but some how I manage to fit a few hours in every couple of weekends.

As a worker I have only time on my day off for my hobbies. But yesterday at the easter show I took around 200 pictures, although today I have deleted more than half of those photos, photos that I did not take them myself, blured and/or aimless pictures.

Photography really gets in the way of my drinking, but some how I manage to fit a few hours in every couple of weekends.

thats no excuse, just drink a pint after each shot you take and see if your photography improves when your drunk!

Does anyone else have trouble finding time to take photographs?

I spent all week planning on what I was going to go out and take photos of over the easter weekend, and then found myself doing painting and decorating and staying in looking after my girlfriend who was feeling ill.

See, there's your problem. You have priorities.

I have no idea how people find time for photography.

I have even less of an idea how people find time to process the shots they found the time to take...

I stay home with my kids, so I have lots of time. I HAVE to get out of the house on occasion, so we go exploring (I kinda live out in the country, so there is lots to see!) and we drive around finding neat things. The biggest problem is I have to get shots where I can stay close to the car, since Im not taking my 2 year old and 7 month old out of the car to take pics...lol!

Other then that...I try to go out on the weekend so I have more flexibility, but thats hard because then my husband is home and I dont want to leave him with the kids.

I havent really gotten out to shoot in about 2 weeks, I've been spending all my free time besides my kid and wife with re-working my website to target weddings. I'm not a programmer so it takes me a while to do it...

I'm realizing its much more time effecient to only sit down and process artistic shots in groups. Like once a week (ie 2 hours every friday night)

Instead of processing them every time I wander out to dump the trash and I happen to have the dslr growth on my shoulder, (yes I dump the trash with the camera) its sad....

One thing that can save you tons of time if you use lightroom is to have a develop preset that matches what you see on the LCD based on weather its indoor / outdoor shots.

This is how I can process 50 shots of my kid in like 5 minutes. But art shots all get processed differently, those take longest.

Hope it can help !

See, there's your problem. You have priorities.

Oh there we go, maybe I should reorganise them, i'm not sure how thrilled my girlfriend would be about that though to be honest. :lol:

Oh there we go, maybe I should reorganise them, i'm not sure how thrilled my girlfriend would be about that though to be honest. :lol:

Seriously, finding -time- depends on how much you want it, how much are you willing to give up, and is it worth it to you? Realize these are selfish considerations and decide to what degree you want to own your time.

Nothing's easy.

Most reactions

Back