First B&W

Blue_ Angle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went on an early trip downtown and got some excellent shots of the city. This is my better picture, so I turned it black and white.
52615445892_c796b183a1_w.jpg

Hey Blue, intriguing shot. Nice one.

Frankly? Composition-wise, a dog's breakfast. The reflected streetlight is the star, followed by the ornate brickwork but the blank sky and the awkward perspective dull things down. Unless you're shooting film, work through and try to integrate elements that initially drew your attention. Learn to shoot to crop if your optics or access limit things. Keep at it.

Hey Blue. I'm a newbie too ;) Lol.
Well this shot captured my interest. I like the fact that it is on an angle. My attention was drawn immediately to the light reflection. You have talent. I like that it tells a story and made me think. Black and White rendition works I reckon. All in all a great shot!
Cheers, Ann. 🍷

Frankly? Composition-wise, a dog's breakfast. The reflected streetlight is the star, followed by the ornate brickwork but the blank sky and the awkward perspective dull things down. Unless you're shooting film, work through and try to integrate elements that initially drew your attention. Learn to shoot to crop if your optics or access limit things. Keep at it.
This^^^^^ Good honest crit.

Most reactions

Back